Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

As much as I want him to stay, if we were in the premier league and he was playing in the championship we would be saying the opposite. It's a chance for him to prove himself in the premier league, which I would believe was his dream. He owes us nothing, as he has done really well here. If he fails with Wolves, then he'll probably be back in the Championship next season, no big risk for him. Hope he stays, but if he leaves good luck to him, has been one of if not our best player this season. 

The way we have been performing lately I actually think he would be a bit mad to stay here tbh. Hopefully Kodija can find consistent form again and replace him, otherwise we are in serious trouble. 

Hopefully after this and Snodgrass last season, we will stop relying on loan signings, we need to look at the long term. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Haha

20+ years in Villa's shadow and here you's are, 6 months into having your neck infront of us and the gloating has already began! :crylaugh:

We're still the biggest team in the midlands with the most honours and class - even when we're in the league below you.  You're just merely keeping our spot warm.  ;)

It's true what they say.. Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame. - Enjoy your's while it lasts kiddo.

I'm from wolves, and I totally endorse this, wolves were never the club compared to my Villa 🤣

I'd much rather of been a claret n blue, amongst the many pack of wolves in my home town, nothing better than being the black sheep at times. UTV!!!!

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

As much as I want him to stay, if we were in the premier league and he was playing in the championship we would be saying the opposite. It's a chance for him to prove himself in the premier league, which I would believe was his dream. He owes us nothing, as he has done really well here. If he fails with Wolves, then he'll probably be back in the Championship next season, no big risk for him. Hope he stays, but if he leaves good luck to him, has been one of if not our best player this season. 

The way we have been performing lately I actually think he would be a bit mad to stay here tbh. Hopefully Kodija can find consistent form again and replace him, otherwise we are in serious trouble. 

Hopefully after this and Snodgrass last season, we will stop relying on loan signings, we need to look at the long term. 

Maupay in bound I think, kodjia and Hogan are done for me. We have to many heartless players playing without soul, passion and heart and love for our club. Players who are ready and willing to suck our club dry without wanting to perform or out play the opposition. To many big money signings who cant bring it against players who are fighting to be in there place and all because they have forgotten who they are. They have been to relaxed for far to long getting fat off villa that we need players like Mcginn, Grealish and even Tammy, who are an inspiration and a model to what we need at Aston Villa..

• Like 2

Kodjia post injury is not the same player. He can weigh in with a few no doubt. He rarely scores easy goals. And thats why I dont trust him to pick up the slack if, and it's still IF, Abraham leaves.

We would need another striker and a good one. 100%.

• Like 4

If he goes, he goes. He'd be going in six months anyway. Obviously it's a bummer, and we won't replace him with similar quality, but there are teams ahead of us in the table with far worse strikers. 

Trying to find a silver lining, maybe we'll take a bit more care protecting leads after we take them if we're a bit less cocksure about our goal threat. 

• Like 1

I guess he may have little choice if Chelsea have agreed a deal. Perhaps they will pay them a higher proportion of his wages as well as give him the opportunity to play some PL games and that has swung it. If he does leave that is a real blow to us in the short term at least (I had hoped his goals would get us promoted this season and we might then make his stay with us permanent). Still until he does go there remains a slender chance. 🤞

So much for terry being like a father figure too him. All these footballers are full of shit (We all knew that anyway)

I would love it if they get him on loan with view of having to pay 30m in the summer.  He flops and wolves have to pay for  him anyway 

I guess the hold up in announcing this is due to Tammy needing to get a Portuguese passport to qualify to play for Wolves?

Also if Maupay is the replacement, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when he is first introduced to the changing room:

”Guys, this is Neal Maupay. You may recall he tried to break John McGinn’s leg when some team called Brentford played here earlier in the season...”

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I guess the hold up in announcing this is due to Tammy needing to get a Portuguese passport to qualify to play for Wolves?

Also if Maupay is the replacement, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when he is first introduced to the changing room:

”Guys, this is Neal Maupay. You may recall he tried to break John McGinn’s leg when some team called Brentford played here earlier in the season...”

Could we afford Maupay ? - got to be £10m at least ? 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd try offer them Hogan and 5m (5m paid between now and summer) with sell on clause

That would be deal of the century -  but it would for Brentford seem the worst all worlds - they only get £5m - plus they get lumbered with Hogan - can't see them going for that.

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

That would be deal of the century -  but it would for Brentford seem the worst all worlds - they only get £5m - plus they get lumbered with Hogan - can't see them going for that.

The thing is Hogan has flopped here. At Brentford he is a legend. It's like us not wanting benteke back, we would as he was excellent here.

The fee is the real issue I think.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Smith has as good as said we already have replacements here. If Tammy leaves it's unlikely we will be getting anyone in to replace him.

I hope he doesn't believe that. 

Â