Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

I think we'd need to sign someone else. But I also think people are underselling Kodjia's ability in the central role. He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man in that regard.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is Hogan has flopped here. At Brentford he is a legend. It's like us not wanting benteke back, we would as he was excellent here.

The fee is the real issue I think.

We really wouldn't. He's utter shit and he is finished. One season wonder.

Hogan was ruined at Villa and don't thunk Brentford would take him now either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

b) not empowering the players already here to step up and compete.

That's a good point.

He can hardly say "yeah we definitely need to sign someone!!" because as you say, people like Kodjia and *shudder* Hogan will hear that and think "Oh great, cheers. Thanks for having faith in me"

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Smith has as good as said we already have replacements here. If Tammy leaves it's unlikely we will be getting anyone in to replace him.

Kodja. That's it.

Hogan is just dour. Davis needs to show he is able first before we throw him in.

Hepburn-Murphy needs loaned out to gain experience. 

13 hours ago, TRO said:

If i was him and considering the last 6 games or so.......i would go.

he and a few others at Villa are doing all the work, in terms of carrying the torch.....and if i was Jack, i would do the same.

He is making the right decision.

the sooner we drop promotion talk and concentrate on building a team the better.

I don't see it that way, there's many reasons why the form is the way it is at the moment, tired squad, best player on sidelines etc.. but what you say is valid, Villa doesn't have that team look about it, yet...

Edited by QldVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is Hogan has flopped here. At Brentford he is a legend. It's like us not wanting benteke back, we would as he was excellent here.

The fee is the real issue I think.

Legend 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We really wouldn't. He's utter shit and he is finished. One season wonder.

Hogan was ruined at Villa and don't thunk Brentford would take him now either.

I don't think he is that bad at all. Yes he wasn't as he was but at this level I think and under a fan base  that supports he can good again.

Personally don't think Kodjia would be able to fill the gap left by Abraham. He is a very different sort of player, doesn’t work as hard for the team and likes to do more on his own to create goals. In his first season here he was really the only player with a clue about scoring so ruled the roost. But I’m not so sure he would fit into Smith’s attacking formations too well.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we'd need to sign someone else. But I also think people are underselling Kodjia's ability in the central role. He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man in that regard.

I agree. People forget that Kodjia looked very good up top this season before Abraham came into the side. Brentford couldn't handle him. If we are looking to play the way Smith likes to play then Kodjia is much better at holding it up than Abraham. The issue is the pressing. Abraham does that much better. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sky are saying its Chelsea decision to terminate Tammy's loan

Wow. Some super-sleuth deduction there from SKY. Who would have thought the decision was down to the club that own him?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Wow. Some super-sleuth deduction there from SKY. Who would have thought the decision was down to the club that own him?

Maybe but people on here seem to be keen to blame Tammy or Wolves for this happening

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think he is that bad at all. Yes he wasn't as he was but at this level I think and under a fan base  that supports he can good again.

There are many reasons why he has failed.....his movement is poor, thats why Klopp dumped him......conversely, Tammy is on the go constantly, thats why he makes goals for himself by that movement.

chalk and cheese.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I agree. People forget that Kodjia looked very good up top this season before Abraham came into the side. Brentford couldn't handle him. If we are looking to play the way Smith likes to play then Kodjia is much better at holding it up than Abraham. The issue is the pressing. Abraham does that much better. 

Spot on.

38 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Could have been TA Himself. I think Grabban did at sunderland. 

Â