Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

Just started watching the moment Kodja got free and scored. Fookin ace way to be introduced to the game. ?

Am I right to assume the performance so far has been close to the Wolves drubbing earlier this year? Seems much better than last match.

Better, I’d say.

I'm truly shocked how fluid we look with the ball, it doesn't make sense with this "formation".. Still don't know what it is.

But we do look woefully exposed without the ball.  Brentford look dangerous when they have it but they've barely touched it. Arguably both teams should be down to ten, Brentford definitely.  Think the ref is having a poor game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree. Apart from the Tuanzebe bit. 

He is **** dreadful.

Tuanzebe has actually been good going forward, put in 2-3 good crosses, always on the move and rarely giving the ball away. However his defending for the goal was absolutely horrific. 

• Like 1

No surprise we look a million times better when we go for it, pressing when we havent got the ball, and keeping the ball on the deck and to feet - that is how Grealish, McGinn, Kodjia etc like to play. 

Final ball from Adomah and Elmo been poor, but then looks like we will have 2 new wingers soon.

If Bruce sent us out like this all the time he wouldnt get as much stick as he has been

• Like 2

The good: we are dominating this and pressing high with some excellent play. That goal was an absolute beauty and we really should have had more.

The bad: the defending for their goal was ridiculously poor. Pub level. Really need to tighten up there.

The ugly: that blatant Maupay stamp on McGinn. How did the ref miss that? Hope there will be repercussions.

3 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Would the ref look at the stamping incidents at half time or afterwards? 

they can review it after and send him to the disciplinary panel, they say they dont but i think they do have a look / word at HT to see what they got wrong and it could influence the 2nd half, problem is he should have sent kodjia off too (who because he got a yellow cant be reviewed)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Best we’ve played since Big Ron IMO

Can’t regonise us at times. 

I think Adomah is putting a shift in but he’s  letting down the play too often. I’d get Green on. 

It was a really poor goal to concede defensively though. 

3 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Should be playing against 10 men, should have had a pen, should be in front. We’ve been really excellent. I hope the break doesn’t throw our rythm. 

NO NO NO. Playing against 10 men is much harder ?

Credit where credit is due. This is good stuff. This is what I have wanted to see since day 1. Well done Bruce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1