Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

Think some of the reaction to yesterday's performance is harsh on him. It's difficult to critique and especially write off a player based solely off of brief cameos, and if anything I'd say what he has shown in them has been more encouraging than discouraging on the whole, considering how long of a layoff he's had. Yesterday was poor, but he's barely had any minutes at all and was introduced to a game where the momentum was with Swansea and he struggled to pick up the pace of it. Still and all he would have had a great assist to his name had Abraham done better with the header at the back post, which I think the consensus is he should have, and suddenly Bolasie's performance would've been viewed in a better light through no added work of his own.

Reserving my judgement for now but personally I'm expecting him to come good for us. I'm a bit concerned as to why he's still only seemingly able to play 15 and 20 minutes here and there but hopefully he can get at least an hour under his belt against QPR (would have him over Adomah myself) and then we'll have more of an idea of where he's at.

• Like 1

He was poor on Saturday, he didn't track back to help out Hutton at all and waited for the ball to come to him instead of moving for it.

On the ball he is normally very good and showed glimpses of it at times, but for this team to work they need to be hardworking and Bolasie currently isn't.

No doubts he was poor on Saturday but he is clearly not match fit and I'm fairly sure I read that he had only one training session with Dean Smith prior to the match so it will take time.

Saying that at times, for me, it looked a lack of effort which, if so, is not acceptable.

I think Bolasie is going to be one of those players for us who will often be either be a 5/10 or a 9/10 - when he is on his game is unplayable but when he is off he is shocking!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

The fact he was on his heels at all times was unacceptable, never in a position to receive the ball, never had his feet set to make good runs in behind or down the flank. This is down to one of, a lack of effort, lack of football brain or lack of confidence due to his injury.

He was injured Dec 2016, he came back last season and made 16 appearances, as far as I understand he has since had a full pre season. How can he not be fit to run around for more than 20 minutes when we are shelling out £70k a bloody week. Come on man, did we even take a look at him before we signed it off.

image.png.1856d328dee4df0a5cdadff4c5a559e9.png

Edited by rodders0223

I've asked this question before but it seems very odd to me that we have players clearly lacking fitness but we don't play them in the u23s.

As far as I'm aware you can field 3 over 23s but we haven't done anything of the sort for a few years. If Bolasie had been given a few games there earlier in the season he might have been up to speed by now. Hogan apparently has been fit for 6 weeks, he could have been another one benefiting from this. Even the likes of Lansbury and Bree to keep them fit. I don't get it. Its no wander they all look so far off the pace when they got thrown in for the odd game in the cup.

• Like 2

More likely is he played (90 mins) in Zimbabwe the night of the 16th. So probably back in the UK for the 18th, so maybe one session under Smith hence just the 26 minutes against Swansea. I expect that to change and him to come in and play plenty of minutes in the coming weeks. Although maybe Smith will think he needs to work harder for his pressing game - we will see I guess. But I think Bolasie is a class player so very much hoping we get him integrated into the team.

Put in a couple of good balls, but then also put in one of the worst crosses I’ve ever seen. 

Is such a lazy player, when we get the ball he should be sprinting to the touch line in line with the opposition back line to spread the play. Instead he just walks around

Â