Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m convinced when he is fully fit he will light up Villa park. So much natural ability. 

Hopefully it won't take too long.

Coming up on 11 months since he returned from injury now.

I do somewhat fear we are paying a lot of money (hopefully not his full £70.000/w) for a player who will never come back fully from his knee injury and will be only a highlight player.

always a risk when a player who rely that much on pace suffers such a injury.

Edited by sne

I'm not convinced he has much of a football brain. He's always on his heels rather than on his toes, so is never will primed to receive a pass with his back to goal. He also doesn't make particularly great runs, doesn't read the game that well and doesn't occupy the best positions, plus his decision making is a bit off. 

He's clearly a good athlete with good technical ability, but 'flashiness' shouldn't be necessarily confused with genuine quality. That said, he ought to be a top player in this league based on his skills and athleticism, let's hope he can.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

At the moment Bolasie is one hell of a weapon as a substitute. Imagine you're an opposition full back and you're really feeling the pace after about 65 minutes of being pressed and harried. Out of the corner of your eye you can see Bolasie warming up.

Do you .... 

A) feign injury to get taken off? 

B) kick central midfielders in the hope that Villa will have to use another sub?  

C) sh*t yourself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, av1 said:

I like wingers that get the ball in early, not enough of that in todays game. 

Totally agree.

Such and underused way of attacking. Difficult to defend against and often creates a second wave opportunity for players coming from midfield.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Totally agree.

Such and underused way of attacking. Difficult to defend against and often creates a second wave opportunity for players coming from midfield.

Agreed, pissing about gives the opposition time to get back and organise, i can think of at least 2 assists he has provided this season with an early ball into the box. Quite impressive given his relatively sparse game time thus far. 

If you were allowed to design your own ideal winger Id bet most would come up with similar to him.

Rapid...check

Skill full...check

Built like he could run through a wall....check

Goals and assists...check

If we can get him up to speed we have a better version of Traore!

Just now, Nigel said:

If you were allowed to design your own ideal winger Id bet most would come up with similar to him.

Rapid...check

Skill full...check

Built like he could run through a wall....check

Goals and assists...check

If we can get him up to speed we have a better version of Traore!

I was banging on for 2 years about us signing Ken Sema who ended up at Watford (where he, to my surprise is yet to make any impact. They are doing great so I can see why he doesn't get much time)

They are quite similar in many ways. Sema not as good as Bolasie was but he's almost 5 years younger and was much, much cheaper.

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, he’s had a bad injury but he looks to be over that now

Until he starts four or five games in a row then it's still an unknown if he's over his injury. Word out of Everton was that he wasn't the same player he used to be so his fitness is still a question mark. 

• Like 1

Â