Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

44 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Bolasie to start today surely? Looking forward to seeing what he adds to the side, think he is a quality signing myself. 

He even said himself, it'll be a while until he starts.

Would be great to see him play though.

• Like 1

I know there are many on VT who have no time for Bruce but I’d still recommend listening to his pre-match press conferences to hear who is injured or who is in contention to play. Bruce said he hoped Bolasie would be available after the international break.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Think I read somewhere that Bruce is cautiously optimistic about him featuring in the Blackburn game (15th September). 

I wonder who’ll manage that game for us!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Played 12 games back from injury for Everton are least 45min mostly +60min for 1 goal and 0 assists. I think the excitement for him is exaggerated

Yeah I wasn’t 100% sure of the signing, and holding off on getting too excited until I see him on the pitch performing. It is never easy to get back to your best after a lengthy absence, so we will need patience. I hope he comes good for us, but I have my doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

How far away is he, presumably he's training? Keep seeing his name mentioned in match threads around him starting.

I was at a bbq in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and got talking to a bloke who runs an amateur team up there. He said his mates the physio that worked with Bolasie following his injury. Physio said it was up there with the worst football injury he'd seen and is surprised that he has been able to play again.

Doesnt bode well as to what we can expect from him.

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

How far away is he, presumably he's training? Keep seeing his name mentioned in match threads around him starting.

I was at a bbq in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and got talking to a bloke who runs an amateur team up there. He said his mates the physio that worked with Bolasie following his injury. Physio said it was up there with the worst football injury he'd seen and is surprised that he has been able to play again.

Doesnt bode well as to what we can expect from him.

I don't know the answer that, but during his press conference before the Sheffield UTD game, Bruce said we had targeted the Blackburn game. So unless there have been any setbacks, one would assume he can't be to far away. 

Very good tonight. I haven't watched PL football for a few years now so I've only really seen youtube clips of the guy. From those i was worried that he seemed a bit of a flashy sort guy more worried about highlight reals than end product, but after seeing him tonight that seems unfounded. 

What i liked so much is that be gets the ball in early. Maybe I'm just old but i think i winger should beat a man and get a cross in at the earliest opportunity, no fecking about with step overs and pissing around  showcasing skills, just cross the bloody ball. He did that on a number of occasions with very good delivery. 

I think this kid will be a big player for us. 

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Very good tonight. I haven't watched PL football for a few years now so I've only really seen youtube clips of the guy. From those i was worried that he seemed a bit of a flashy sort guy more worried about highlight reals than end product, but after seeing him tonight that seems unfounded. 

What i liked so much is that be gets the ball in early. Maybe I'm just old but i think i winger should beat a man and get a cross in at the earliest opportunity, no fecking about with step overs and pissing around  showcasing skills, just cross the bloody ball. He did that on a number of occasions with very good delivery. 

I think this kid will be a big player for us. 

I said in the match thread the difference between him and El Ghazi was night and day.  Totally imposed himself on the game, all action. 

Agreed with the above. Even if you ignore the goal, he looked almost comically too good for a team like Rotherham. On the basis of only this small piece of evidence, I'm more excited about his potential than any of our other summer signings to be honest. 

• Like 2

Hadnt realised quite how quick he was/is. Still a way to go fitness wise but looks like a player who can do real damage in this league. 

Great thing is with him, Adomah, El Ghazi, Grealish and even Kodjia all offering us an option wide we have the quality to keep every sharp and raring to go, keen to make an impression. 

Big difference to asking Adomah and Snodgrass to win us every game like we did last year. As we saw over 40 odd games it just doesn't happen. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

One thing that took me by surprise was his bravery in scoring his goal!

The majority of wingers would shy away from a desperate challenge from a defender especially when offered the chance of a diving header.

He went for it 100%, even smashing the defender in the process.

Bravo sir!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Â