Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks much stockier than I remember him, whether that is lack of fitness or a concerted effort to bulk up during his injury I am not sure.

It's really Gabby in a Bolasie disguise like in Mission Impossible

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

One thing that took me by surprise was his bravery in scoring his goal!

The majority of wingers would shy away from a desperate challenge from a defender especially when offered the chance of a diving header.

He went for it 100%, even smashing the defender in the process.

Bravo sir!

Just saw the highlights and noticed that as well. Well done.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its £80k a week.

Please tell me I’ve misunderstood.

We aren’t  paying £80k per week for Bolasie ? No. 

If we are, is he Bruce’s choice - in which case Bruce shoukd be ashamed and the owners are recklessly naive, or is he their/anonymous recruiters choice in which case that person needs to be got rid of, and again, the owners are reckless or naive or both.

Noooooooo. Just no. No.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Until today I was under the impression it was 50% which was bad enough, I've now very good reason to believe its the full £80k.

I've some quite big concerns re the owners and have had since they arrived but given how people reacted when I raised concerns re Xia I've kept quiet.

Well apart from being a crazy, crazy arrangement in itself, ( and for a position we were arguably covered for) that immediately throws into doubt everything about them. 

The sudden  spending spree we saw has looked curious at best, but the assumption has been/ had to be they knew what they were doing.

I find it impossible to hold that view if this is true.

Very very disturbing.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I've some quite big concerns re the owners and have had since they arrived but given how people reacted when I raised concerns re Xia I've kept quiet.

I believe you were given some kudos in your absence in that particular thread when the penny dropped/facts became clear.

I also think most people have learnt their lesson there. The Xia thread is even more toxic than the Bruce thread these days :D

As for Bolasie though, as a player, he looks like one of our best players already and he's only had, what, 2 cameos so far. If we can't afford it it's bonkers but it's pretty clear we've gone double or quits money-wise. If there's no fire-sale in January I can't see how we're going to avoid the whole FFP thing and unless the league have told NSWE it will be fines (and they're happy with that) and not points deductions it all seems amazingly cavalier to me.

What if it was disguised, like, in reality, we're paying the 80k but it's all lumped into a loan fee and we're contractually only paying 20% or whatever? 

It could also all be rubbish. Would Purslow allow such a deal after gorging on the accounts? 

On 22/08/2018 at 10:49, Kiwivillan said:

People are frothing at the mouth on Facebook. Unbelievable

1. 70k a week

2. 1 goal no assists in 16 games back from horrible injury at 28

3. Had half a good season for Palace 3 seasons ago. 

4. 70k a week!!!

These were my initial thoughts

Edited by Kiwivillan

12 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

What if it was disguised, like, in reality, we're paying the 80k but it's all lumped into a loan fee and we're contractually only paying 20% or whatever? 

It could also all be rubbish. Would Purslow allow such a deal after gorging on the accounts? 

Purslow joined 6 days after

• Sad 1

Â