Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

For £70k a week you could have got in 1 defender on £50k and another on £20k.

..or you could have got 2 defenders on £35k each.

..or three defenders on 23k a week.

...or just one defender and change.

We’re going all out

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fit a decent goalkeeper in there too.

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

Not fit to start yet, been here 6 weeks now, by the time the next game comes around he'd have been here 8 weeks and already picked up £560k - and we are past the quarter way stage for the season already.

Add to that he was out pretty much all last year, then it really is starting to look like a daft loan. Especially when you consider the ffp rumours flying around with potential transfer embargo and points deduction next season

It was a big risk signing someone who has just been out with a long term injury. Lets just hope he doesnt get injured again and gets match fit soon otherwise it really will be terrible signing. We could find our selves out of the promotion race before our "star loan" is even match fit.

Yet he has scored two goals for us already. How many has Adomah and grealish scored?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This 100%. It beggars belief the balance of our squad. What makes this deal even stranger is that Bolasie has a question mark hanging over his fitness.

We could have got by perfectly fine without Bolasie signing, but have totally scuppered our season by leaving us exposed horribly in central defence.

All of us on here could see the defence was light in quality and numbers, the blame for that situation sits firmly at one mans door.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

This basically underlines everything that's wrong with us. Pay the massive wages of a player who has been on the shelf for a long time and won't be fully fit until at least a third of the season has elapsed, whilst West Brom go and get Harvey Barnes on loan, a better player and on a fraction of the wages. 

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This basically underlines everything that's wrong with us. Pay the massive wages of a player who has been on the shelf for a long time and won't be fully fit until at least a third of the season has elapsed, whilst West Brom go and get Harvey Barnes on loan, a better player and on a fraction of the wages. 

I think Bolasie is a very good player. Sadly he was not what we needed at the time. We have wasted a lot of money on his salary. His wages should have gone towards Huth and Collins

Did anybody else see this on Bolasies Instagram? Not sure what to think of it really? On 70k a week and he’s posting stuff like this.... not that the salary really matters I guess. 

He posted something else taking the piss about ‘rolling up their sleeves’ too. 

22CA3CFC-4ECB-4E55-B433-219EE71345CD.jpeg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Not sure what to think of someone having a laugh?

So he isn't allow banter as he earns a lot of money?

Jesus man.

I think he's more that he's paid (very well) to be a professional footballer and absolutely nothing there is professional.

Also, "banter" is **** terrible.

• Like 1

I think it's allegorical:

Bruce (the potato heads) had us playing like headless chickens and now we're in a spot of hot water. But relax, a French saviour (the champagne) is coming... 

• Haha 2

On 08/10/2018 at 14:07, bobzy said:

I think he's more that he's paid (very well) to be a professional footballer and absolutely nothing there is professional.

I get paid pretty well (although not to be a professional footballer) and some of the guff I post in off topic is not professional either. Maybe I should resign my job. 

Unless, of course, the two things are entirely unrelated?

• 2 weeks later...

He is still off the pace, clearly has quality but needs to be drilled. Too many times he neither pressed nor followed his man but stood still doing neither, giving them both time and space on the right. We looked much more solid when Elmo played there (I must admit having complained about Elmo playing wide forward!)

• Like 1

Â