Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a very good footballer, easily Premier League quality, would be great if we could get him permanently in the Summer. Yes, he’s had a bad injury but he looks to be over that now, hopefully he starts the next game

Cost them £25m, sitting on a £70.000/week contract, turning 30 next spring still recovering from a bad injury.

Don't see that one happening even if we are promoted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Until he starts four or five games in a row then it's still an unknown if he's over his injury. Word out of Everton was that he wasn't the same player he used to be so his fitness is still a question mark. 

Agreed but he’s showing signs of the Yannick of old for me

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Cost them £25m, sitting on a £70.000/week contract, turning 30 next spring still recovering from a bad injury.

Don't see that one happening even if we are promoted.

I’d imagine he’d cost a lot less than £25m for us. If he does help us go up, go and get him I say

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d imagine he’d cost a lot less than £25m for us. If he does help us go up, go and get him I say

Too much of a risk for me.

And I'm kinda hoping we are past giving big contracts to 30 something players, especially with these kinda injuries.

Loan for another season would be fine thou if he can come back to his best.

• Like 3

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he will though. Signing players past their prime with no resale and crippling wages is what led us here.

Agreed but Yannick looked like he was in his prime yesterday or getting back to that, very good footballer in my opinion 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True. I don’t mind him coming on around 60-70 minutes. Gives the opposition something new to think about. 

agreed

when he is fit I would like to see him start ahead of Adomah or Kodjia though just to see how he does.

we've been stung so many times handing out big contracts to players who are coming to the end of their legs. Lescot, Agbonlahor, Richards.

Lets be sensible look after him while he's here make him welcome and feel good so he'll do the business then thanks very much see you later in May/June.

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t wait until he’s fit to play 90 minutes. Such a threat.

What's wrong with impact sub running at tired legs? In Bolton game he was guilty of not tracking back in defence. Do we want that for 90 mins?

I can’t understand the negativity from most in  this thread, he’s a proven Premier League footballer. Yes, he had a bad injury but he seems over it now to me. If he wasn’t over the injury, I don’t think we would’ve signed him in the first place even when Bruce was in charge

• Like 1

Â