Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO he has improved this season (so far ) and a bonus is that he can play on either wing.

This is not true He cannot play on the right wing. He is totally ineffective on the right, and we look terrible every time he has been played there.

Agree with the first part of your post though.  

23 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Have to agree with your post. I think him being on the bench will squash any confidence he has and Anwar with no confidence is not going to be an asset. I also think he’s one of those players that benefited from playing with no crowd and with crowds back I think he’d struggle more and play with less confidence and worried about making a mistake and losing the ball and the crowd getting in to him. 

Been a good player for us in spells, some important goals and has been an overall success but simply think we’d be better to cash in on him now. 

Thank you. 

Are you in a cave - I'm getting an echo 😉

19 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

In between all the calls to sell him in here, I'd maintain that we should keep him if he wants to stay. With Grealish gone, he is the only one we have who's best position is at LW. Plus, we're probably not going to be able to buy a player with better output than El Ghazi for the money we would get for him. Nor do we even desperately need the money.

Don't know why people are so quick to get rid of anyone who isn't definite first team quality. Same thing happened with Guilbert last season. It's like people don't understand that we need a squad, and players like these guys have shown that they're good enough to be backups for our first teamers.

We'd get what, 15m or so from selling one of these guys? We 're not getting a significant improvement on these guys if we bought a player for that kind of money. Much less a first team player. Look at the money we've spent trying to buy our first team players this summer.

Agreed. He stays on for me. Very useful player imo and an attacking threat.

I don't think he leaves this window unless we get a silly offer or he goes as in a part exchange for a direct replacement.

He is what he is, we all know his limitations, but he's a decent source of goals too. We've strengthened our attacking depth but it could take a while for things to click, so I think Dean will want to keep AEG about for now at least. Could see him going in January if the new signings have bedded in well, but be surprised if he goes any earlier than that.

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

He'll be starting tomorrow 

Staggering to think he's still anywhere near the first XI considering we've spent £250m since being promoted or whatever it is. 

I expect very little when he starts. 

• Like 2

If we get say £15m for him then get JWP for £40m, the net spend is only £25m for a player who could transform our midfield whilst losing a player who will likely be 3rd choice in his position and doesn't transform anything other than a ball on the penalty spot. 

No brainer innit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we get say £15m for him then get JWP for £40m, the net spend is only £25m for a player who could transform our midfield whilst losing a player who will likely be 3rd choice in his position and doesn't transform anything other than a ball on the penalty spot. 

No brainer innit. 

He scored 10 league goals last season, 4 of which were penalties, so he's actually contributed a higher number of goals from open play than from the penalty spot. He's not a world beater, but this notion some people have that his only contribution is penalties is ridiculous.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Staggering to think he's still anywhere near the first XI considering we've spent £250m since being promoted or whatever it is. 

I expect very little when he starts. 

I agree.  If we could move him on for anything more than £15m that would be fantastic business (probably last chance as he has two years left on his contract I believe and he has a season with decent goals output).

Sell him and bring in Correa or Damsgaard for an additional £10-15m and that would make us so much stronger!

Â