Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Personally, I think he's a decent player, whose goals make up for what he lacks in chance creation. I  think we mis-used him at times last season when we tried to play him on the right. We also dropped him inexplicably after a run of good form, and his extreme reliance on his confidence took a huge hit that we suffered for.

However, we have a new penalty taker in Ings who will probably always be on the pitch, and we have enough cover to play a variety of formations without needing to rely on AEG. We've progressed and AEG is one of our most saleable assets, and I can't see his value going much beyond what it is now.

If we can find a buyer,  I'd sell. If we can't, I'm happy for him to be a back up left winger to throw on for chance of a goal in the dying minutes.

I imagine there is zero chance Roma can afford to sign him now that they're signing Tammy. Was always unlikely but Mourinho was supposedly interested and they have the same agent in Jorge Mendes

He's mostly atrocious. I'd rather have JPB on the pitch. 

If we can sell him, we should and reinvest the money into a better player. We're slowly replacing the entire team that got us promoted and that kept us up and AEG will be the next to be replaced. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The links of Anwar going to Roma must be rubbish. I just can’t imagine him being a Jose player.

He is a Jorge Mendes player thou, same agent as Mourinho.

On 10/08/2021 at 12:40, Delphinho123 said:

He's mostly atrocious. I'd rather have JPB on the pitch. 

If we can sell him, we should and reinvest the money into a better player. We're slowly replacing the entire team that got us promoted and that kept us up and AEG will be the next to be replaced. 

You are my spirit animal.

• Haha 1

On 10/08/2021 at 15:04, PussEKatt said:

I personally like AEG.Ithink he has shown improvement in our friendlies so far.I would keep him. 

If we’re think of keeping all the backup players how will we improve? We try and upgrade the first team, if we found a good value in a backup then we get him. Otherwise we try to upgrade our first team. So it’s either the first teamer get benched or up his game and rotate. 
The player who are not wanted such as Hourihane won’t get us money. We’ll need to start cashing in. We don’t want to rely on cash from selling our best players, our only chance is to sell the likes of Anwar. If he got us anything more than 10m then I’d definitely sell. He’ll still be remembered and a Wembley hero. But might be the best move for all parties.

• Like 1

Â