Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

In my opinion, he is done. We both have to move on. Does not have that fight in him when the going gets tough during a game, I saw no reaction in the second half like I did in the other players. I believe that is a huge part of being really successful in English/British football. He is one of the best technically, nobody would dispute that claim but there is no heart in him. I would love to be wrong, and he turns into a consistent reliable winger. Highly unlikely. Time for Smith to make a tough decision and move him on. We need to be ruthless if we want to challenge at the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Everyone stank the place up yesterday yet everyone always piles in on Anwar

he leaves and people will have to find a new scape goat / hate figure

He is apparently awesome in training, he is by nature a confident person and is a confident speaker. For some unknown reason he seams to shrink on matchday often. He needs to be loved, he needs to be at his confident best to be effective. When he got his opportunity last year he was great and should not have been dropped the way he was. If affected him when he was needed again.

He will be down the pecking order when we are at full strength and is probably now at his peak value whilst here. We must cash in if the opportunity presents itself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He is apparently awesome in training, he is by nature a confident person and is a confident speaker. For some unknown reason he seams to shrink on matchday often. He needs to be loved, he needs to be at his confident best to be effective. When he got his opportunity last year he was great and should not have been dropped the way he was. If affected him when he was needed again.

He will be down the pecking order when we are at full strength and is probably now at his peak value whilst here. We must cash in if the opportunity presents itself. 

I like him and he scored many important goals, but can't disagree with the above.

I think the fans will turn on him at Villa Park so may aswell sell rather than giving him dog's abuse all the time

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Another shrinking violet maybe. Some players thrive on the crowd. You can bet your house on Gresford loving the boos and shutting the crowd up. El Ghazi it seems struggles.

He'd be better off in the French, Spanish or Dutch leagues the slower pace will suit him. However with all the signings and JPB he's about 6th or 7th choice now.

• Like 1

True, we have to find the right balance to include Bailey, Buendia plus Ollie/Ings. Traore will get plenty minutes too and as you say JPB should ideally get some cup action.

AEG feels like the sort to do really well in the leagues you mention and then be worth 30m all of a sudden and the likes of Everton bring him back and he doesn't cut it again.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 14:34, Villa_Vids said:

In my opinion, he is done. We both have to move on. Does not have that fight in him when the going gets tough during a game, I saw no reaction in the second half like I did in the other players. I believe that is a huge part of being really successful in English/British football. He is one of the best technically, nobody would dispute that claim but there is no heart in him. I would love to be wrong, and he turns into a consistent reliable winger. Highly unlikely. Time for Smith to make a tough decision and move him on. We need to be ruthless if we want to challenge at the top.

I've said it before but for me he is the Hourihane of the wide players.  He has a good shot on him (albeit it has become a bit too predictable as he tries to cut in and shoot every time) but he offers nothing else.  As you say, he has no heart for a fight.

No assists last year says it all.  If I was Watkins/Ings and saw AEG's name on the team sheet, I would sigh heavily!

If Roma really want him and will pay anything above £10m for him I would snap their hand off (he's obviously played with Tammy before) and I would re-invest in Damsgaard or McNeil - 4 wide players of Buendia (I don't see him as a "10"), Traore, Bailey and Damsgaard with JPB in the squad/on the bench/covering injuries would be quality.

Again, as you say, I think he could have a good career in a more technical league.

It makes me feel so sad when AEG starts games for us. It’s nothing against him. He is a top bloke but he is nowhere near good enough to be starting games in the PL. I know he scored a few goals but he is guilty of a high percentage of our attacks breaking down.
I am posting this fully in the hope that he will now make me look very silly!

Keeps his 100 percent penalty record, will give him that he does good on the penalty's.

Not going to slate him today we won and that's all that matter in my book..

Â