Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

With a fully fit Barkley available for selection, do you play him and shove AEG right and drop Traore, even knowing AEG cant cut in on that wing and be as much of a threat. Or do you keep Barkley on bench knowing he's come here having been promised first team football.

Tricky decision for Dean Smith.

1 minute ago, ZL- said:

With a fully fit Barkley available for selection, do you play him and shove AEG right and drop Traore, even knowing AEG cant cut in on that wing and be as much of a threat. Or do you keep Barkley on bench knowing he's come here having been promised first team football.

Ghazi has to play over Traore as Traore still doesn't look like he can last 90 mins. El Ghazi has played loads of games both left and right side since he's been with us and our players often switch sides during matches 

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, ZL- said:

Exactly that.  Barkley back in the middle, Jack left and AEG right.  Traore wasn't at the races at all today.

• Like 1

Just now, Risso said:

Exactly that.  Barkley back in the middle, Jack left and AEG right.  Traore wasn't at the races at all today.

El Ghazi is no where near as effective on the right. On the left he can go either way so harder to defend. 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

When Barkley comes back I wouldn't be surprised to see El Ghazi stay on the left and Grealish move to the right.

I did wonder this.

with jacks quality surely he could play either side and he does seem to switch sides so possible.

think @omariqyis right, would not like to move AEG to the right as he has been so effective on the left. Not sure it makes a difference to jack. 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

El Ghazi is no where near as effective on the right. On the left he can go either way so harder to defend. 

Absolutely correct. It’s taken a few games to show his worth with Jack being pushed more centrally due to Barkley’s injury......but against Utd I really want us to play both Barkley and Jack.

8 minutes ago, ZL- said:

I think it’s a good problem to have when you have 3 games in 6 days. I do wonder if Barkley is fit though and how serious his injury really is. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

When Barkley comes back I wouldn't be surprised to see El Ghazi stay on the left and Grealish move to the right.

I would. Jack would just drift in and he and Barkley would be too close and Cash more exposed than with Traore.

One of the England games he (Grealish) was playing a lot down the right hand side and looked very decent, he was also playing on that side in some of the friendlies in the summer, it was his cross from the right that set up Watkins goals against Man Utd.

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

When he doesn’t score for 3 games please don’t be like I told you he was shit. He’s never been shit. He’s always been inconsistent. He has the talent no doubt. Now he has the confidence and the mentality. Just back him, even when things don’t go his way. That’s your job as a supporter.

It’s inevitable mate. Doubt it will even take 3 games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Just posted why not this in FB group. Jack is always shifting in game between left, central, right anyway

Â