John McGinn

PompeyVillan

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

come on, you know the answer to that dont you?, you do i think.....

Gerrard loves Ollie aswell but he's been subbed many times. CM is area where increasingly more and more you need to put fresh legs on around 70th minute mark. Pep putting Gundogan on instead of Grealish won them the title today.

Probably a moot point anyway with 5 subs next season. Let's hope we don't procrastinate with that while others use the 5 subs and score late winners v us with fresh legs....

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gerrard loves Ollie aswell but he's been subbed many times. CM is area where increasingly more and more you need to put fresh legs on around 70th minute mark. Pep putting Gundogan on instead of Grealish won them the title today.

Probably a moot point anyway with 5 subs next season. Let's hope we don't procrastinate with that while others use the 5 subs and score late winners v us with fresh legs....

dunno.

I was gonna say cus he has a chicken suit and has top bantz....

But urs might be true also! :)

• Haha 1

McGinn is better when there’s more runners in behind the defenders but today we only really had 1 who couldn’t hit a barn door anyway so wasn’t as effective against a team which suffocates you.

I probably wouldn’t have changed anything for 5/10 minutes after Coutinho’s goal but if we had to make one Sanson for McGinn would have been the better one in hindsight.

• Like 1

I love SJM but another who needs replacing imo. He’s genuinely a great kid and character but isn’t consistent enough for where we want to be. Love the bloke but there isn’t any sentiment in football if you want to win! 

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mentioned it in other thread but why is he never subbed off in games?

Not like he's much of a goal threat these days but he stays on whatever the scoreline. 

I can remember him being subbed off at Newcastle as it was so unusual but can't remember other games. Was same in 20/21.

Think this needs to change next season otherwise we'll have too many frustrating results. Perhaps plan is to drop Ramsey in as an 8 soon and McGinn becomes rotational player.

According to transfermarkt, he was subbed 3 times this year, 1 due to injury and vs Norwich and Newcastle & not subbed at all in the 20-21 season

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KMitch said:

One of the best players in all of the Prem, outside of the top 4, but many VTers want to bin him off.  Unbelievable.  

I would have Tielemans all day as an 8 over McGinn. Bruno Guimaraes already shown in a few months he's a more effective 8 aswell so he'll be in that sort of team next season. Ward Prowse pretty unlucky not to make that team aswell based on whatever metrics were used.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

One of the best players in all of the Prem, outside of the top 4, but many VTers want to bin him off.  Unbelievable.  

To me this just proves why you can't always go off stats/ratings.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would have Tielemans all day as an 8 over McGinn. Bruno Guimaraes already shown in a few months he's a more effective 8 aswell so he'll be in that sort of team next season. Ward Prowse pretty unlucky not to make that team aswell based on whatever metrics were used.

Got a mate who's a Leicester season ticket holder.  He said he'd have McGinn over Tielemans all day.  Says Tielemans goes missing every match, but scores the odd long range goal and all of a sudden people think he's great. 

6 hours ago, AV82 said:

Steven Gerrard does not care. John McGinn must play.

Does Morgan Sanson or Carney Chukwuemeka dress like a turkey at Christmas

The real things we need at Villa 

• Haha 1

Really good player. Ye all need to cop yourselves in with the constant calls for him to be dropped /sold. Anyone who knows anything about football loves McGinn. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

He just isn't though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevpants said:

Really good player. Ye all need to cop yourselves in with the constant calls for him to be dropped /sold. Anyone who knows anything about football loves McGinn. 

Laughable.

10 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Got a mate who's a Leicester season ticket holder.  He said he'd have McGinn over Tielemans all day.  Says Tielemans goes missing every match, but scores the odd long range goal and all of a sudden people think he's great. 

Guess that's a score draw as I presume he dosen't watch us religiously every week and so sees McGinn score the odd screamer?😉

At his best Tielemans dictates games better than McGinn at prem level, think h downed tools a bit at Leicester recently so interested where likes of him and Neves end up next season.

10 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Fans underrate their own players, "5m and I'll drive him there myself".

The best way of getting your own fans support is probably to be dropped by the manager.

John McGinn 22nd best player in the PL, next Villa player is Cash at 39

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12610363/heung-min-son-wins-premier-league-power-rankings-2020-21-mohamed-salah-and-trent-alexander-arnold-among-league-leaders

78D36C6D-249F-4620-A63E-B1C645227028.jpeg

Edit: link suggest 20/21 season but the data is 21/22

Edited by nick76

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12610363/heung-min-son-wins-premier-league-power-rankings-2020-21-mohamed-salah-and-trent-alexander-arnold-among-league-leaders

McGinn better than Ronaldo? At what?

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Haha. What a joke that is.

• Like 1

Â