John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He’s gone to shit though , read it on here, not good enough for the Villa. Get rid alongside all those other shit midfielders playing in the top leagues at home and in Europe that we got rid of.

12 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Hes better the higher up he is. Hes not a deep lying player. 

When he used to go with and beyond our forward to close down the opposition defenders and keeper when they had the ball too.

Similarly to Watkins now he used to do the pressing with such intent which a lot of players dont.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, smg said:

He’s gone to shit though , read it on here, not good enough for the Villa. Get rid alongside all those other shit midfielders playing in the top leagues at home and in Europe that we got rid of.

He’s been poor. It’s not wrong to suggest this, he can do better. 

Criticism is good in life, it’s how we grow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smg said:

This is a strawman though, almost nobody is suggesting he's rubbish and needs to be offloaded. People are questioning his consistency, and weather his lack of consistency might indicate we should improve upon him and keep him as a squad player. Some are questioning weather he is fit enough to play as much as he is and if he might benefit from being rested every now and then. Some find it unfair that no matter how many poor performances he strings together he's deemed to be absolutely undroppable. 

And an overhead kick goal doesn't disprove any of that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WooJung said:

This is a strawman though, almost nobody is suggesting he's rubbish and needs to be offloaded. People are questioning his consistency, and weather his lack of consistency might indicate we should improve upon him and keep him as a squad player. Some are questioning weather he is fit enough to play as much as he is and if he might benefit from being rested every now and then. Some find it unfair that no matter how many poor performances he strings together he's deemed to be absolutely undroppable. 

Yes but he gets blamed for the poor performances of Luiz too. 

59 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

He’s been poor. It’s not wrong to suggest this, he can do better. 

Criticism is good in life, it’s how we grow.

It can also devastatingly negative when you are giving your all but are being judged by a group of people who have no idea what it’s like to perform at that level in professional football, perhaps the fans love the Villa more than him but I think it is wrong to say that he isn’t giving his all and could do better, there is a chance he has reached his ceiling but he is still giving his all, let’s be honest we might not be in the middle of the premier league table without his contributions over the last few seasons.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WooJung said:

You are politely saying we should get rid of him.

27 minutes ago, smg said:

It can also devastatingly negative when you are giving your all but are being judged by a group of people who have no idea what it’s like to perform at that level in professional football, perhaps the fans love the Villa more than him but I think it is wrong to say that he isn’t giving his all and could do better, there is a chance he has reached his ceiling but he is still giving his all, let’s be honest we might not be in the middle of the premier league table without his contributions over the last few seasons.

I get graded at work constantly. If I’m shit I improve, I don’t sulk. 

Â