John McGinn

PompeyVillan

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

And yet gaffer doesn't sub him when we are 3-0 up...or 7-2🧐

We made 3 changes in the Liverpool game, its not possible to rest everyone. 

We also pay him millions of pounds a year and only play once a week. I don't think it's that outrageous to hope Scotland rest him for their second midweek game in a fortnight. Particularly considering it's a nothing fixture. 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We made 3 changes in the Liverpool game, its not possible to rest everyone. 

We also pay him millions of pounds a year and only play once a week. I don't think it's that outrageous to hope Scotland rest him for their second midweek game in a fortnight. Particularly considering it's a nothing fixture. 

I don’t disagree with you but I’d still say he could have come off 10 mins early 3-0 up against Arsenal - especially knowing Scotland would be using him a lot. I couldn’t be happier with Smith but he needs to have some faith in the squad for the occasional few minutes or the first XI will burn out too soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t disagree with you but I’d still say he could have come off 10 mins early 3-0 up against Arsenal - especially knowing Scotland would be using him a lot. I couldn’t be happier with Smith but he needs to have some faith in the squad for the occasional few minutes or the first XI will burn out too soon.

Agreed.

Just found it a bit laughable some hoping he'd get a rest was being used as a stick to beat the manager with considering how the season has started and one of the examples was bullshit. No surprise some are still relentlessly negative about our club when we're playing the best football in my memory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Agreed.

Just found it a bit laughable some hoping he'd get a rest was being used as a stick to beat the manager with considering how the season has started and one of the examples was bullshit. No surprise some are still relentlessly negative about our club when we're playing the best football in my memory.

or are you being a bit sensitive......they are just talking about instances, that they think could be better.....relax, we are all on board with Dean.

Personally, if we win and the performance is believeable, which all the wins have been.....I say,leave him to it.

Its opinions.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

or are you being a bit sensitive......they are just talking about instances, that they think could be better.....relax, we are all on board with Dean.

Personally, if we win and the performance is believeable, which all the wins have been.....leave him to it.

Its opinions.

I'm perfectly relaxed and not feeling particularly emotionally fragile about the comment, thanks.

My feelings towards mcginn are really going off. I just can't help but keep thinking he's not good enough. But then he seems to have these games where he is great, followed by a spell of being shit. 

Needs some consistency. Today, nearly cost us 2 goals with passes you'd be ashamed at on a Sunday morning in the park. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

My feelings towards mcginn are really going off. I just can't help but keep thinking he's not good enough. But then he seems to have these games where he is great, followed by a spell of being shit. 

Needs some consistency. Today, nearly cost us 2 goals with passes you'd be ashamed at on a Sunday morning in the park. 

At a week a game, there's a decent player in there, but I think he just doesn't have the stamina for the amount of football he's playing.

I think the next player who might get upgraded is Mcginn. Consistency is important and Mcginn when he is good is good when he is poor he very poor. Today he had a poor start then ran the game then the fatigue kicked in. However he when running the game nearly cost us two goals. 

Â