John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i wondered myself if he could play as our right inside forward, he has the energy for it?, he could defo give the energy to pressing and tracking back, i think he would be an ok inside forward player, if not...amazing?

Only if we bought a new DM/CM tho, to partner Luiz, wouldnt want to take him out of the midfield without someone good to take his place.

McGinn was all over the place tbh but was mainly running onto Dykes flick ons so was more of inside number 10 role.

Amazing energy again, was really surprised they took him off with ten minutes left.

If they win on Sunday they win nations league group so would like to think they might release him and a few other of their big names and give some squad players a run out in Israel given they'll all be fighting for euros squad places.

very happy for SJM and Scotland! congrats to all our Scottish fans on this huge achievement! now I can only cry about our shite Swedish team and the fact that we ended up in a group together with bloody Portugal, France and Croatia. We were never going to make it XD.

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

very happy for SJM and Scotland! congrats to all our Scottish fans on this huge achievement! now I can only cry about our shite Swedish team and the fact that we ended up in a group together with bloody Portugal, France and Croatia. We were never going to make it XD.

Wiki has Sweden down with Spain, Poland and Slovakia.

It’s possible that Hungary qualifying, as a host nation, has changed things.

Edited by fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Wiki has Sweden down with Spain, Poland and Slovakia.

image.png.1938f8f719d4397d30316350286b105e.png

thought we were discussing the Nations League mb, in that one we've been utterly shite as you can see.

as for the EURO qualifiers, we did well!

image.png.0b560128f85ea235c42bd10b39e1ff80.png

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Another start for McGinn. Hopefully sits out the next one then.

3 points against Slovakia, or 1 if Czech Republic draw with Israel, will be enough for Scotland to win their group today, so hopefully he’d be rested on Wednesday in that case. Although they’d still be on what’s probably the longest unbeaten run in their history so maybe not.

Edit: They’ve made 8 other changes to the team, so maybe McGinn will indeed get a rest next match. However, the 2 best Nations League group winners have a backup route to qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, so they will want to get as many points as possible even if they secure top spot.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 09:39, osmark86 said:

image.png.1938f8f719d4397d30316350286b105e.png

thought we were discussing the Nations League mb, in that one we've been utterly shite as you can see.

as for the EURO qualifiers, we did well!

image.png.0b560128f85ea235c42bd10b39e1ff80.png

League A group 3.......what a tough group that is.

Got booked end of half so apparently out of Israel match so I assume he'll fly back tonight so good news he can get some more rest before Brighton.

Edit: Actually not the case. Other yellow he picked up was play offs.

Edited by VillaChris

Another 90 mins and Scotland lost so he’ll probably be playing the next game too. Great.

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

So next time round do these teams stay in that group but with a promotion/relegation? Or do all the League A teams get shuffled into new groups?

All new groups are drawn.

• Like 1

Â