John McGinn

PompeyVillan

His confidence on the ball now is fantastic. Yeah he misplaced a pass badly but on the whole he carries it well and gets himself out of tight situations and drives forward.

Happily have this version of McGinn as a starter next to Luiz and Kamara in midfield next season too.

Love the dummy he's doing, gives him a yard and he ain't depending on his bum roll. Emery mentioned encouraging him to try new tricks and I reckon this is one of them. Can't think of a better midfield performance from us than today and he was the star of the show. 

It makes me so happy to see SJM back on top form. The man lives and breathes our club and he’s also a thoroughly decent human being. Works his socks off every day and always carries himself impeccably. I love SJM. A true captain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It makes me so happy to see SJM back on top form. The man lives and breathes our club and he’s also a thoroughly decent human being. Works his socks off every day and always carries himself impeccably. I love SJM. A true captain.

Spot on mate. I got a bit fed up with our fans having a go at him to be honest. Some of it was warranted but this bloke has done as much as anyone to get us back to where we are now. He’s a proper decent lad who cares about our club, like you said he’s a true captain. 

• Like 1

Â