John McGinn

PompeyVillan

His mistake under Smith and Gerrard use to annoy me. I didn't think he had a future at the club after how bad he was under Gerrard. He would try Hollywood passes in each game. 99/100 of them would be misplaced. He would easily give the ball away each game. 

But.... Plot twist. Emery comes in and he just a totally different player now. The hollywood balls, the cheap giveaways are all gone. He rarely makes a mistake. 
He's grow into his captain's role. He's become a real player now. Fair play. 

• Like 1

The dogged determination to win the ball and carry it is so great at lifting at the crowd, but he's managing some real quality with the ball too - that cross in the buildup to the first was a beautiful ball, put it right where only Ollie had a chance of getting it. 

What a transformation. He looked completely lost under Gerrard and in fact under Deano under the end.

I’ll admit I thought he couldn’t be a top premier league player but with a manager that knows what he’s doing he it’s a different story. I’m so happy for him and long may it continue.

• Like 2

This is by far the best form he's ever hit for us. Obviously hit some big Championship heights but this is a completely different level from McGinn, incredibly good. 

He's been great for us in the midfield 2 while Kamara is out but McGinn on the right of midfield is unmatched. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

This is by far the best form he's ever hit for us. Obviously hit some big Championship heights but this is a completely different level from McGinn, incredibly good. 

He's been great for us in the midfield 2 while Kamara is out but McGinn on the right of midfield is unmatched. 

Wouldn't change it now. Dendoncker can cover until Kamara back even rest Kamara this season rather than get reinjured again

He's bullying top level prem players now like he used to do mid to low level Championship players. I'd completely written him off but now he is one of the many players (all of them?) who defines us. He's incredible and a Villa legend in waiting. 

At one point Burn had a 90/10 in his favour and he was so rattled he just pass tackled it into the Holte end near the half way line.

Probably the best JM performance I've ever seen without getting the goals and assists.

That second half sitting in the doug Ellis watching these 2 battle it out ( and to be fair Burn gave it and took it all in good sport also) was seriously enjoyable as the football.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The dogged determination to win the ball and carry it is so great at lifting at the crowd, but he's managing some real quality with the ball too - that cross in the buildup to the first was a beautiful ball, put it right where only Ollie had a chance of getting it. 

Yeah, for sure - that part of his game was something he had to work on and we've started seeing a bit more flair in there too (same as Ollie). At 21 (almost 22), he's at a great stage of his development already and will only get better. Can't wait to see it. 

Â