John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 15/01/2022 at 20:40, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant 2nd half today but, don't shoot me, we missed super John today. I do not think that 1st happens that way if he's on the pitch.

I agree.

Early v Leicester he won a few big 40/60s out of his favour that got the crowd and the team going.

7 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Definitely missed McGinn - he is an absolute terrier and when on it sets the tone. 

Also one who will force the issue when no one else is. Driving force.

Wouldn't allow us to just saunter about 

I reckon we win that match if he was playing the other day.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Man United are apparently going to try and sign McGinn in the summer according to the Telegraph. Must be like the 500th time they're going to try and sign him

If slab head is worth £80m JM is worth £100m 

Not saying I think his is worth £100m but that should be the f##k off tax applied to any dealings with those scumbags. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Man United are apparently going to try and sign McGinn in the summer according to the Telegraph. Must be like the 500th time they're going to try and sign him

Hahahahaha they can f*** off!

Or stump up £100m, I may consider it then, but I’d still rather keep him. He’s unique. 

• Like 1

I agree with all the above. Skill and tenacious spirit aside, he clearly is quite the character in the dressing room. In any walk of life, there's that character who lights up the room when they walk in, the positive one that brings everyone together, banter or laughs or conversation and all. That's McGinn. Characters like that in and around the place are super rare.

Neutrals and non-Villa fans out there, they know it too. Definitely comes across as one of those people that anyone could get on with, but at the flip of a coin, would rip shreds off you if you weren't pulling your weight. Characters like that as ItsYourRound says, are unique indeed. It's one thing having McGinn the footballer here, but McGinn the man too immeasurably, we are lucky.

I think he will have been the one most hit by the fizzy drinks ban at work though, but you just know he's got some Irn Bru and Coke cans in the fridge at home. Maybe they're sugar free ones though, just in case. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I agree with all the above. Skill and tenacious spirit aside, he clearly is quite the character in the dressing room. In any walk of life, there's that character who lights up the room when they walk in, the positive one that brings everyone together, banter or laughs or conversation and all. That's McGinn. Characters like that in and around the place are super rare.

Neutrals and non-Villa fans out there, they know it too. Definitely comes across as one of those people that anyone could get on with, but at the flip of a coin, would rip shreds off you if you weren't pulling your weight. Characters like that as ItsYourRound says, are unique indeed. It's one thing having McGinn the footballer here, but McGinn the man too immeasurably, we are lucky.

I think he will have been the one most hit by the fizzy drinks ban at work though, but you just know he's got some Irn Bru and Coke cans in the fridge at home. Maybe they're sugar free ones though, just in case. 

They can also drag you down if they're simply not good enough as they're a weak link in the team.

McGinn, for me, is clearly one of the weakest members of the first team and is moving towards being a squad rotation option. I can't see a team putting in a bid that'd really tempt us as I don't think they'd see the value in it but I'd snatch someone's hand off at say 35m.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That didn't take long for his agent to push.

They want Digne/Ings/Coutinho wages.

if he wants those wages, i would offload him, he's good, but not that good.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

They can also drag you down if they're simply not good enough as they're a weak link in the team.

McGinn, for me, is clearly one of the weakest members of the first team and is moving towards being a squad rotation option. I can't see a team putting in a bid that'd really tempt us as I don't think they'd see the value in it but I'd snatch someone's hand off at say 35m.

McGinn has clearly been our best player this season. That cant even be up for debate

Collymore says alot of weird things, but he is spot on when it comes to Mcginn

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

McGinn has clearly been our best player this season. That cant even be up for debate

We've had a very up and down season so far - nobody for me has stood out as being outstanding. He's put in some very good performances at times, sure, but I don't see his ceiling as being high enough for where we're trying to go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Remember when Man Utd had pulling power.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MentalM said:

i'd say a fair few would debate that. he's had a good season, sure, but wouldn't say he's been the standout.

FYI - the below are the villatalk MOTM awards per player for league games this season. there have been good performances from all players this season and not really sure anyone has particularly stood out and the MOTM awards being shared around backs that up.

bailey x2

ramsey x2

ghaz

mcginn x3

emi x4

cash

mings

marv x2

luiz x2

buendia x2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd say a fair few would debate that. he's had a good season, sure, but wouldn't say he's been the standout.

FYI - the below are the villatalk MOTM awards per player for league games this season. there have been good performances from all players this season and not really sure anyone has particularly stood out and the MOTM awards being shared around backs that up.

bailey x2

ramsey x2

ghaz

mcginn x3

emi x4

cash

mings

marv x2

luiz x2

buendia x2

If we look at all objective stats he is our highest rated player by quite a clear margin.

I am not saying Mcginn has been a god this season, but he has quite clearly been our best player so far. Hopefully that changes and we dont need anyone to standout.

Just baffled that the scottish player of the year isnt deemed good enough by some of our fanbase when he has been one of the few who at least performed above average until now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MentalM said:

If we look at all objective stats he is our highest rated player by quite a clear margin.

I am not saying Mcginn has been a god this season, but he has quite clearly been our best player so far. Hopefully that changes and we dont need anyone to standout.

Just baffled that the scottish player of the year isnt deemed good enough by some of our fanbase when he has been one of the few who at least performed above average until now. 

what 'objective stats' is he the highest rated out of interest? passing accuracy % for example he is the lowest rated of the CMs.

not trying to be difficult here. he's had a good season, but not spectacular IMO

Â