John McGinn

PompeyVillan

12 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I am Villa 100% now. Even if SJM moved on. They have got under my skin now and I love the club. A proper club. Proper fans. Nothing plastic about Villa and an incredible history. My 9 year old has Villa strip and SJM actually sent him a video message thanks to the head of communications at Villa Park who actually stays close to us in Paisley. Would love it if some Villa fans would look out for St.Mirren results. That’s where SJM made his name. Hibs improved him again but he was built by us. Anyway, I shouldn’t post whilst drinking a bottle of port. UTV and COYS. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jn2JSx_ieSkNE_lCP8_JN1MLWj0ne1bb/view?usp=drivesdk

23 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I am Villa 100% now. Even if SJM moved on. They have got under my skin now and I love the club. A proper club. Proper fans. Nothing plastic about Villa and an incredible history. My 9 year old has Villa strip and SJM actually sent him a video message thanks to the head of communications at Villa Park who actually stays close to us in Paisley. Would love it if some Villa fans would look out for St.Mirren results. That’s where SJM made his name. Hibs improved him again but he was built by us. Anyway, I shouldn’t post whilst drinking a bottle of port. UTV and COYS. 

You’ll be pleased to know I look out for St Mirren now because of SJM.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Another proper club. Brilliant. 

We are also linked by the Villa communications chap Tommy Jordan. He has house in Kilbarchan which is 3 miles from St.Mirren Park. Thanks to him, my boy got his video message and SJM Villa strip. Finlay has now converted his whole class, well almost, to Villa fans. 3 or 4 who say they love Man U because of Ronaldo. Weirdos. 

• Like 3

I'm a big fan but think that if Gerrard is here for anther couple of seasons minimum SJM is one of the players that may find themselves in danger of being replaced. He's a huge fan's favourite but the numbers that he produces are not good enough if we're being clinical. I hopehe can push himself even further and become even more dominant in every game because each season with us he's had large parts of the season where he has become anonymous after very bright starts. He can't afford those spells any more or he'll be moved on.

23 minutes ago, peterw said:

I'm a big fan but think that if Gerrard is here for anther couple of seasons minimum SJM is one of the players that may find themselves in danger of being replaced. He's a huge fan's favourite but the numbers that he produces are not good enough if we're being clinical. I hopehe can push himself even further and become even more dominant in every game because each season with us he's had large parts of the season where he has become anonymous after very bright starts. He can't afford those spells any more or he'll be moved on.

Or Gerrard will  figure out that McGinn is better suited on the forward line - like where he plays for Scotland

1 hour ago, peterw said:

If football was based on numbers El Ghazi and Hourihane would be starting every game instead of waiting out there contracts out of the team 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Or Gerrard will  figure out that McGinn is better suited on the forward line - like where he plays for Scotland

They don't have much choice because Scotland don't have anywhere near the attacking options we have - he's nowhere near as good as them. He needs to play as a box-to-box CM, supporting the attack and defence by running his arse off, offering options and breaking up play. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant 2nd half today but, don't shoot me, we missed super John today. I do not think that 1st happens that way if he's on the pitch.

I was just thinking that it's interesting no one was mentioned missing Mcginn after the game and then you had to go and write this!

It's credit to our current crop of midfield players that, once our best midfielder, can now miss games without detriment to the team. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I was just thinking that it's interesting no one was mentioned missing Mcginn after the game and then you had to go and write this!

It's credit to our current crop of midfield players that, once our best midfielder, can now miss games without detriment to the team. 

Agree with this that it’s a credit to the team but I felt we missed him as well. Great to have options though.

will be very interesting to see how Gerrard handles the midfield in the Everton game. Ramsey nailed on to start and I think Luiz is a start for the rest of the year (unless we get another DM / Nakamba returns).... 

With Smith, McGinn was always a starter, but we'll see under Gerrard. Don't think there's too much between Sanson & him tbh 

I love SJM. He is reason why Villa is now under my skin. I don’t think he should be automatic starter though. I think competition for places is going to improve him and everyone. Give this time, it might not be instant, but Villa are going places. Gerrard ain’t managing Liverpool anytime soon but he won’t leave Villa unless results are terrible and that simply won’t happen. Within 3 years, we are a top 6 club. 

• Like 1

Â