Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Can't lie, I'd still rather Reina in the final if he continues as he has vs Brighton/Watford, but I love when players of ours mug off the more (putting it nicely) miserable sections of our fan base. Between Hourihane getting boo'd and bouncing back last season to the worst keeper in our history having a stormer tonight. Good times.

• Like 1

Fair play to him, absolutely excellent performance. Three superb saves in there.

Contrary to most I actually think the one on to the bar was the weakest of the three. The first one early on down low to his left was far far better.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair play to him, absolutely excellent performance. Three superb saves in there.

Contrary to most I actually think the one on to the bar was the weakest of the three. The first one early on down low to his left was far far better.

Agree. He would have seen that late and anticipated it well. Strong hand too. 

He was in the zone today. 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes, that was a beauty.

I'm confused.  I thought we had lost before KO because Nyland was starting but now I have to fork out upwards of £200 for me and my lad to go to Wembley AGAIN.  Was Nyland not listening? 

What an utterly amazing performance and what a way to shut up the moaning Minnie's. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If the Nyland from last year played, we would have been 3-0 down in 10 minutes. The amount he's improved since then is immense. Deserves credit and has to start the final.

Not really. He had some great games last season as well.

Some games he looked almost unbeatable and the next games he looked like a clown.

That's the problem with Nyland. Inconsistency.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think Nyland will start. I was of the opinion Reina would get the nod right up until Southampton, and especially after Smith's comments about some players playing themselves out of the final. For me Reina was one of them. His distribution was terrible, gifting Southampton the ball, and despite making a few saves his decision to go up for a corner and then just stand in front of the opposition keeper without any run up or chance to make a nuisance of himself, before strolling back to halfway as Southampton scored sealed his fate to be on the bench this weekend. He may not have made it, but he didn't even try to get back to the goal.

Also Nyland has been excellent in the cup, and apart from the home game against City (when everyone was toilet) he's actually looked good every time he's come in. He deserves the start and the opportunity to try and wrestle a starting spot back in the league as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Thoughts for Sunday? Does he start on Sunday or is it Reina's?

Don't think it really matters. If Man. City hit the top corners like they did at VP Nyland will be picking the ball out of the net 4 or 5 times.

Only interest to me is if we somehow get to within two minutes of a penalty shoot out then you simply put Reina on as he's a far superior penalty saver as he's already shown here. Did Nyland save any last season?

Â