Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

31 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The Achilles is just one of those that can happen. Not an impact injury, but one he could done diving or jumping in training. 

Feel for the guy. Thank goodness Kalinic is coming in! 

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Very easily. I did mine just running and coming to a stop, no contact. Obviously I’m not a pro footballer but the principle is the same. In fact quite a lot of players who do this injury do so with nobody near them.

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

You could rupture your Achilles walking to the fridge. It's an injury that anyone can sustain at any time. Now sport with extra stretching and snap movements like jumping increase the risk, but any motion that triggers the Achilles from walking, running, or jumping can cause that thing to snap like a guitar string if you're unlucky. 

I didn’t realise it was that common. Just bad luck I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t realise it was that common. Just bad luck I guess. 

It’s a 1 in a 100 injury according to the guy who operated on me. The most obvious example I’ve seen is when Beckham did his with nobody near him, I was looking for the video of it for you and found this.

It was that painful when I did it I can’t actually watch it but I’m assuming it’s a good explanation of the injury.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Feel for him. Hope he recovers soon.

So does this mean Bunn plays v QPR? I’ve seen mixed reports. 

Hopefully steer gets the call.  Bit unlucky for him coming back as guaranteed no2 but we have to look after ourselves.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He has done his Achilles, long term injury.

Thank ^*++ we have already signed a keeper.

Whatever I think of his performances I feel for the guy, it’s a horror of an injury as I know myself.

That screws the plan for cancelling the other keepers loan and Nyland being number 2.

2 days before Kalinic can play. LOL

That's ridicilous actually. Football is a strange game

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He has done his Achilles, long term injury.

Thank ^*++ we have already signed a keeper.

Whatever I think of his performances I feel for the guy, it’s a horror of an injury as I know myself.

That screws the plan for cancelling the other keepers loan and Nyland being number 2.

I'd still like to free up that loan spot, I'd imagine Bunn or Steer could be number 2?

Sad for Nyland

I wanted Steer to be number 1 at the start of the season, but whats the point of recalling him for one game? we have Bunn, Moreira and Sarkic - if we can't trust them for just 1 game between them then might as well terminate all 3 contracts

edit, actually Sarkic might be on loan somewhere, but the other 2 my point stands

Edited by Junxs

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I'd still like to free up that loan spot, I'd imagine Bunn or Steer could be number 2?

Bunn shouldn't even be at the club tbfh, and I have no idea why he keeps getting contract renewals. I watch him warm up the No.1 every other week at VP and the guy is the most technically inept footballer I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bunn shouldn't even be at the club tbfh, and I have no idea why he keeps getting contract renewals. I watch him warm up the No.1 every other week at VP and the guy is the most technically inept footballer I have ever seen.

The guy has a career total of 190 games in 18 years! It’s mystery how he is still at the club! 

22 hours ago, av1 said:

This is Nyland all over. People will point out the good saves he makes, today for instance he made a truly brilliant save, but it doesn't make up for his overall game, he is a keeper you expect a few saves. 

It's like playing golf, now I'm shit at golf but every now and then I'll put a 200 yard approach within 2 inches of the hole. That sort of shot happens 5 times for every 100 attempts with the others going out of bounds. 

That's Nyland to a tee (crap pun intended), the good is far outweighed by the bad. 

He made an awesome save yesterday..... but then spent the rest of the game trying to gift Preston a goal.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sad news. Seemed like maybe he had started to settle down some. Makes January a ll the more vital.

Agree that it is sad news but to say that he had started to settle down is not true. Yes he is a decent shot stopper but he reminds me of Dracula - he is afraid of crosses.

Â