Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen in my life. Had the odd stormer but consistently an absolute time bomb. A calamity at every turn (or mildly floated cross under no pressure)

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, they say you're always a better player when you are not playing...
Well I will tell you this much, Jed Steer could go out against Boro and score 19 own goals. He could then get subbed for Kalinic who goes on to spit on my Mother in the Holte and dropkick Brian Little into the dugout.  I would still not yearn for Orjan Nyland to come back.

You are the worst goalkeeper in England.

You are nothing, you are a fool and you are a waste of time.

Goodnight.

You either (a) haven’t lived very long (b ) haven't seen many goalies (c) both of the above.

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

The "even" bit implies you don't rate Steer very highly at all.

No it implies that Steer was deemed nit good enough by Bruce and was loaned to Charlton and that even he us better than nyland. 

Nykanc should be third chouxe or even sold come the summer 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No it implies that Steer was deemed nit good enough by Bruce and was loaned to Charlton and that even he us better than nyland. 

Nykanc should be third chouxe or even sold come the summer. 

That's more of an error on Bruce's behalf rather than an indication of Steer's ability. Steer is not a stick to beat Nyland with. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen in my life. Had the odd stormer but consistently an absolute time bomb. A calamity at every turn (or mildly floated cross under no pressure)

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, they say you're always a better player when you are not playing...
Well I will tell you this much, Jed Steer could go out against Boro and score 19 own goals. He could then get subbed for Kalinic who goes on to spit on my Mother in the Holte and dropkick Brian Little into the dugout.  I would still not yearn for Orjan Nyland to come back.

Goodnight.

He isnt even the worst keeper employed by Villa, step forward Mr. Bunn

• Like 1

In a bit of a pickle keeper wise at the moment aren’t we. Thankfully we have people who can make better decisions now. Dean Smith will know what he wants to do ready for next season. 

Just throwing it out there - I like Nyland. Even if he is a confidence player, which for a keeper is quite risky. 

Nyland had the misfortune of plying in an awful side with an awful defence in front of him at a time where he needed to settle.

If he had Hause and Mings in front of him, i believe we would have seen a different Nyland.

That said, i think Steer and Kalinic are both better than him.  I think Kalinic could be our next Bosnich - i really rate him.  Needs time to settle in though.

23 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Try and sell him in the summer, if we can recoup any of the money we spent on him

Can see him being loaned back to Bundesliga.

When fit he'll be number 3 keeper and on higher wages than Bunn is so no sense with FFP if we stay down to keep him.

Far more confident with Steer in goal than ever with Nyland and Kalinic is surely better than what he showed in his first 10 games. Not as bad as Nyland but was unconvinced with some of the goals he let in.

Still that's your two keepers next season if we stay down another year.

On 15/03/2019 at 18:26, rodders0223 said:

Goodnight.

This is the most stupid post I’ve ever seen on this forum. 

• 2 months later...

I'd have Steer as no.1 at present. But I like the sound of him and johnstone as competition and pushing each other on. We definitely need a number 2 and will Kalinic sit on the bench for ever?

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I'd have Steer as no.1 at present. But I like the sound of him and johnstone as competition and pushing each other on. We definitely need a number 2 and will Kalinic sit on the bench for ever?

I'd expect, as good as Steer has been for us, that Kalinic will be the number 1, Steer on the bench and Nyland as backup. 

Look to move him on, I am not sure how many suitors he will have though to be honest, or what his reputation is like abroad.

Probably be paying him a load portion of his salary but get him out the door, he's not going to be happy being a No.3 himself when he is still looking to compete in international squads.

He's horrific anyway, sorry.

Edited by rodders0223

Â