Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Just watched the Swansea highlights and I accept they are highlights, but Nyland looked terrific, a completely different player. Positive, commanding, great stopping, assured handling and great offensive play with very good, accurate attacking distribution. And of course an excellent penalty save that wasn’t just a dive and hope. The nervousness and apologetic body language gone, he was aggressive, super quick around his box and attacked the ball, it was like he was on speed. Wow!

I know some don't like Nyland, your in your own rites for your own opinion, I myself like the guy, I think he's learning, I also think someone like Lovre can only have a positive influence on Nyland. personally i think if Nyland does drop too Lovre, keeping Nyland should happen as he is still a very good no2 and as i said he will learn alot from Lovre. I think if anything Nyland is worth keeping at villa but I will stick by what I said, I don't think Smith should jump Lovre in front of Nyland just because he's a 7 mill signing. I think Smith knows that's not the way to build a team, good training, hard work and effort Smith will want, it's whoever is going to shine over the other.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thunderball said:

Just watched the Swansea highlights and I accept they are highlights, but Nyland looked terrific, a completely different player. Positive, commanding, great stopping, assured handling and great offensive play with very good, accurate attacking distribution. And of course an excellent penalty save that wasn’t just a dive and hope. The nervousness and apologetic body language gone, he was aggressive, super quick around his box and attacked the ball, it was like he was on speed. Wow!

He plays better away from home.

But if it's true that he is "scared" to play at Villa Park he shouldn't be our keeper anyways.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He plays better away from home.

But if it's true that he is "scared" to play at Villa Park he shouldn't be our keeper anyways.

Have you seen how much crap players get at home from a fan base that should  be ashamed of themselves with the way they go off at times.  There are many who go to the home games who say the most disgusting things at players. Yeah I know stick and stones, but not everyone is made to take insults, not everyone can rise above abuse. Everyone is different and the abuse at home games is different to away, it's much worse. Once those Home fans take a disliking to a player then I don't blame players finding it tough to play at Home over Away games. 

The way some fans go about players at times is just horrible, fair enough some good old constructive critism, but the abuse towards players in my eyes is a no no..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

On 28/12/2018 at 09:40, Dave-R said:

but I will stick by what I said, I don't think Smith should jump Lovre in front of Nyland just because he's a 7 mill signing. I think Smith knows that's not the way to build a team, good training, hard work and effort Smith will want, it's whoever is going to shine over the other.

Nyland has been awful mate, the new lad should and will go straight in. 

On 28/12/2018 at 09:40, Dave-R said:

I know some don't like Nyland, your in your own rites for your own opinion, I myself like the guy, I think he's learning, I also think someone like Lovre can only have a positive influence on Nyland. personally i think if Nyland does drop too Lovre, keeping Nyland should happen as he is still a very good no2 and as i said he will learn alot from Lovre. I think if anything Nyland is worth keeping at villa but I will stick by what I said, I don't think Smith should jump Lovre in front of Nyland just because he's a 7 mill signing. I think Smith knows that's not the way to build a team, good training, hard work and effort Smith will want, it's whoever is going to shine over the other.

I think Nyland will be more than happy to be a number 2 at a club like Villa. He wont get a bigger move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Nyland will be more than happy to be a number 2 at a club like Villa. He wont get a bigger move. 

I think so too. He doesn't seem too ambitious and might well settle for a number two role here, which is fine.

Watched the highlights again and that penalty save was really a super save! Very happy for him after the tough times he has had. But as I've said since the beginning of the season, he looks scared, and doesn't bring the confidence and calmness to the defence that is required by a goalkeeper. I'm happy for him to be our no 2 in the Championship, but if we'd go up we need another no 2 imo.

Â