Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

There were quite a few good old flapping moments, but didn't get punished.

Did well for the saves in the 1st half

This is Nyland all over. People will point out the good saves he makes, today for instance he made a truly brilliant save, but it doesn't make up for his overall game, he is a keeper you expect a few saves. 

It's like playing golf, now I'm shit at golf but every now and then I'll put a 200 yard approach within 2 inches of the hole. That sort of shot happens 5 times for every 100 attempts with the others going out of bounds. 

That's Nyland to a tee (crap pun intended), the good is far outweighed by the bad. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not surprising given the price tag. 

That's pretty irrelevant, it just means we got a poor player for a few million, many clubs manage to pick up absolute gems for peanuts.

He needs to figure out how to deal with crosses/corners and command his box.  If our keeper doesn't do that then he really isn't much use.  He could possibly figure that out on loan somewhere.  His distribution is good and all the other aspects of his game are mostly fine.  I think he makes the defence look worse than they are.

Edited by matteyp

Pure crap. Never has a keeper made me as nervous in my 40 years next week like him.  i went today and apart from one save makes too many errors today and every week. If anyone wants saty he saved a penalty other day and Kept clean sheet. Wow? :D It was poor penalty and Enkleman once saved a penalty for us and he’s as shit as Nyland is.

He is worst keeper I have ever seen at Villa and there has been some absolute crap in my time 

cant wait see Kalinic in goal. But both full backs need replacing quickly too lol

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Sam Johnstone was pretty horrific I'm his first season (debut aside), but that season was a write off and he was able to improve. We don't have that luxury this season as we can't afford many slip ups, so he has to be replaced. 

• Like 1

I agree with others. You would EXPECT a number of spectacular looking saves from ANY professional keeper.  There are always going to be tip overs, flinging accross the goal to push something wide, the odd reflex save.  You are not going to get out of the amateur ranks without some ability to do that. 

But to be good at this level you need to dominate the box, bully defenders and very rarely spill things.  These are his downfall.  None of the great saves he has made I have looked at and thought the save was so exceptional I couldn't see any keeper possibly making them. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Not surprising given the price tag. 

Didn't we allegedly pay £3m for him?

That would make him the 6th most expensive goalkeeper in Championship history (Johnstone, Kalinic and Gollini being 3 of the keepers ahead of him in that respect)

Fee is a cop out. He is an expensive signing for a goalkeeper at this level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I agree with others. You would EXPECT a number of spectacular looking saves from ANY professional keeper. 

Well Johnstone didnt make any diving saves in his first 6 months, but we still went back in for him the following year

Â