Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

38 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What a load of garbage. Remind me, how many points has he cost us with his blunders again?

I suspect there is not a universally agreed and unvontroversual answer to that question.

It seems to me Nyland has made some individual blunders but increasingly on here also gets the blame for mistakes by a very shaky defence.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Trust me, based on that one game v England for Croatia, he looked amazing

I’d never question your judgement Sir_Gary ;)

He did but it’s not the sort of sample size I would trust, that said I’ve high hopes there is good reason to think he will do well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes point score, it is exactly what you’ve been doing in my view. I called him a coward, strong word and harsh perhaps but I think he lacks the mental toughness required to play on England because he isn’t brave enough to come and take the ball as has been shown game after game.

That isn’t abuse, it is no different to Saying a player bottles tackles like Downing used to or saying a player lacks match intelligence like Hutton.

If you don’t want to see players criticised then a football forum for a side in its third season outside the top flight it should be secure in is always going to be challenging for you.

Based on you view that Nyland hasn’t made mistakes under Smith we can agree that there is no point in debating the player we worlds apart in our views. Besides he has already been replaced and will soon lose his place.

My commiseration I’m working Boxing Day and congratulations on effectively being paid to post on here! 

14 hour shift, been on VillaTalk since 7am - run out of likes a few hours ago.

watched 4 football matches back to back and got paid double time for doing so.

Paid handsomely and scored some points too apparently 3 for the Villa not sure how many for me :)

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

14 hour shift, been on VillaTalk since 7am - run out of likes a few hours ago.

watched 4 football matches back to back and got paid double time for doing so.

Paid handsomely and scored some points too apparently 3 for the Villa not sure how many for me :)

I said tried ;)

I’d say this post gets you 1, which probably puts you er... on 1. Enjoy your I’ll gotten gains.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d never question your judgement Sir_Gary ;)

He did but it’s not the sort of sample size I would trust, that said I’ve high hopes there is good reason to think he will do well.

Haha 😂 you need your head looking at ;) based on that one game v England, he’ll be the best keeper in this league by a country mile

• Like 1

I think Nyland is fine as a goalkeeper and, thus, as a number two. He’s not great, he’s not terrible - hes incredibly average. Decent shot stopper, decent distribution, very weak on crosses and shaky handling otherwise. Kalinic will rightfully replace him, but I’m happy with him as backup. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's no point making the case. He has made scores of errors this season and has let in more soft goals than any keeper I've ever seen play for us. If people can't see it's because they are utterly clueless about football, it's as simple as that.

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As others have alluded you are the one kidding yourself. 

There are more than enough errors in Nyland play for everyone to see. 

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Based on you view that Nyland hasn’t made mistakes under Smith we can agree that there is no point in debating the player we worlds apart in our views. Besides he has already been replaced and will soon lose his place.

Hang on Hang on guys, just before I sign off for the night.. Can I ask you just please read again what I actually wrote.

I categorically said clangers. The original post I was replying to stated he made a clanger in every game.. and thats what I was discussing. I also said in the same post that Nyland isn't a great keeper but was just making the point he's not as terrible as some on here think.

I havent edited my post or anything so just please go back and read again.. its not nice calling a fellow poster and villa fan "utterly clueless" etc. Especially this time of year.

• Like 2

Nearly saved the penalty against stoke as well - His ghastly fumbles leading to soft goals seem to have reduced - lets not go overboard he's struggling to be adequate at this level - and we have a replacement in the wings - but he's taken a lot of shit - so good for him to go out on a high.....

On 25/12/2018 at 20:49, Stuartc445 said:

In 2 games this season he let in every shot he faced (in one of those he parried it into his own net from a free kick right next to the touchline) that is indefensible for a keeper at any level of football. 

He is the worst keeper I have ever seen. 

which game was it he parried in to his own net??

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

which game was it he parried in to his own net??

Vs Sheffield United free kick was on the touchline half way into our half they took a shot and he parried it in. I understand your disbelief as I was on row 2 right behind it and I didn't believe what I saw. 

Edited by Stuartc445

10 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Vs Sheffield United free kick was on the touchline half way into our half they took a shot and he parried it in. I understand your disbelief as I was on row 2 right behind it and I didn't believe what I saw. 

yeah i just youtube'd it, it really did happen, its not a parallel universe where keepers palm shots in to their own net.....this is reality right?! :P

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah i just youtube'd it, it really did happen, its not a parallel universe where keepers palm shots in to their own net.....this is reality right?! :P

Trust me if I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it myself. It took a good few seconds to believe it 😂

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think Nyland is fine as a goalkeeper and, thus, as a number two. He’s not great, he’s not terrible - hes incredibly average. Decent shot stopper, decent distribution, very weak on crosses and shaky handling otherwise. Kalinic will rightfully replace him, but I’m happy with him as backup. 

This, however i'd argue his distribution is better than decent. 

It doesn’t really matter now but I’m sure he handled the ball outside of the area a couple of times. Once when doing a long throw and once when when launching a quick counter. 

Nit picking officials could have pulled him up in my opinion. 

He had a good game but makes me nervous. 

Â