Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

14 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Am I the only one suspicious if this injury? It comes at the time the new number 1 comes to the club. Saves faces all round really. 

Number 1 keeper guaranteed for new guy

Dropped to number 2 and most likely shipped out asap but the claim will be he only lost his spot due to injury.

Synical ? 

If he is injured it's nasty but seems too coincidental to me.

yes, i would say you're the only one suspicious...most likely he would have been training the very next day, hopefully on crosses + long balls. good message to send the rest of the squad - "have a poor game where you cannot do the simple stuff right, you're on the training pitch tomorrow to work on it"

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

yes, i would say you're the only one suspicious...most likely he would have been training the very next day, hopefully on crosses + long balls. good message to send the rest of the squad - "have a poor game where you cannot do the simple stuff right, you're on the training pitch tomorrow to work on it"

And whose crossing the ball ? Whose opening the training ground ? I find it hard to believe the training complex would be opened and staffed for 1 player to practice ? 

Edited by brummybloke

I’ve been a detractor of his, however the competition for his place has resulted in an improvement in his performances and for that reason I’m gutted for him to be injured. I also find the section of our fan base rejoining in it unsavoury to say the least. I hope he comes back strong and makes me feel even worse

• Like 2

Celebrating the fact that a guy who's kept 6 clean sheets since Dean came in is injured in a potentially career threatening way like some of our fanbase is doing is vile. Hutton and Elmo can literally cause 2-3 goals per game and still they're touted fan-favourites. The football world is fickle, being the last man behind possibly the worst defense in the championship hasn't been easy, and the kind of vitriol that some people spout against this guy is beneath our club and fan community.

• Like 3

On 31/12/2018 at 16:07, brummybloke said:

And whose crossing the ball ? Whose opening the training ground ? I find it hard to believe the training complex would be opened and staffed for 1 player to practice ? 

the training complex would be open but many of the players will have been doing recovery...plus dont forget reserves + youth teams. and crosses could easily be taken by the goalkeeping coaches, similar to how you see them warm up pre game

Made the championship team of the month for December along with Abraham.

Glad for him, probably won't play for us again but at least goes out on a high and dispels those theories where some fans on here were claiming they or their nan were better keepers than him.

Edited by Junxs
Spelling

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Glad for him, probably won't play for us again but at least goes out on a high and dispels those theories where some fans on here were claiming they or their nan were better keepers than him.

How very dare you!  My Nan played nearly 5 seasons in goal for Tipton Ladies, saving 9 penalties during the 80s, earning the nickname "nanny dick fingers".  I think that gives me the right to say that she'd give Nyland a run for his money.  

ps - not all of the statement above is strictly accurate and the nickname earned may not have been for footballing reasons!  :blush:   

48 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

How very dare you!  My Nan played nearly 5 seasons in goal for Tipton Ladies, saving 9 penalties during the 80s, earning the nickname "nanny dick fingers".  I think that gives me the right to say that she'd give Nyland a run for his money.  

ps - not all of the statement above is strictly accurate and the nickname earned may not have been for footballing reasons!  :blush:   

How dare you talk about my ex girlfriend like that - she saved 10 pens in 4 seasons! 

PS: none of my statement is true! 😉

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 1

On 01/01/2019 at 18:16, daggy_333 said:
villareport @villareport
FollowingFollowing @villareport
More

Dean Smith has confirmed Axel Tuanzebe has had an operation and will miss 8-10 weeks, while Ørjan Nyland will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his achilles. [av] #avfc

For me that's bad news on both players, two players who are real decent in their roles.

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

Really?

Other than the pen save he haven't been anything special in December. My opinion of course

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

We've got more saves than any other team in the championship so far this season. The lack of actual proof for all these claims of Nyland being bad is beyond ridiculous at this point. You don't top that statistic being as bad as most people claim he is. The fact that we couldn't defend if our life depended on it is hardly the keeper's fault.

There's the proof of our own eyes at games.

He's very good at shot stopping and very good at distribution.

He's effing dreadful at catching the ball under pressure, commanding his area, and he makes a lot of unforced errors . There is no stat for a palpable air of being more skittish than a cat at a fireworks display, but there's that, too.

I think he could overcome all of those, I like him and wish him well, but he's had a hard time adjusting and now a nasty injury.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

We've got more saves than any other team in the championship so far this season. The lack of actual proof for all these claims of Nyland being bad is beyond ridiculous at this point. You don't top that statistic being as bad as most people claim he is. The fact that we couldn't defend if our life depended on it is hardly the keeper's fault.

Shot stopping. 

Like we've been saying all along, shot stopping is one thing, and he's good at it. But the rest of a goalkeeper's game, especially this day and age, is more important. 

And he's crap at it. 

There's a reason we signed a new number 1 before the window even opened.

Â