Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

On 29/09/2018 at 04:07, One For The Road said:

There are people that actually think he is a good goalkeeper and that we are strong defensively, apart from centre back.

I must be missing something because this guy is a League 2 keeper at best and if he is our first choice then we have serious, serious issues. Not a chance of top 6 with him in goal, no matter who the manager is.

That said, hopefully a new manager can come in and a, get rid of this clown and b, loan a new, half decent goalkeeper.

Awful.

There's a guy Steer.............................

It will soon be the like the year we went down with Guzan in nets. People got so fed up with him any alternative would do...until they saw the alternative, and the cycle is set.

"Guzan is awful, Bunn can't be any worse."

Next week

"Bunn played decent tbf, we condede x amount of goals but he looked did nothing wrong."

Next week

"Christ Bunn is shit, Guzan has his faults but there is a reason he's No.1"

Next week

"Guzan did well tbf, his time out the firing line has done him well. Looks confident."

Next week

"Christ Guzan is shit, bring back Bunn. Never again. Never"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hindsight aside, without the scouting evidence available to us, we can only guess whether any of us Villa fans would have chosen to sign Nyland. Over the decades I have watched plenty of keepers who turned out to be either half or twice the keeper they were in the previous season. I only hope Nyland’s form so far at Villa is soon replaced by the form I assume he has displayed in previous seasons. Playing behind a more stable defence will help him but some of his mistakes have been indefensible!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not that bad. He had a kid and a right back in front of him today ffs. His kicking is shit though. 

Yes, it's a poor defence but that doesn't excuse the amount of times this guy takes no responsibility at all. The fact it is poor should be motivation enough for this guy to come and claim as much as possible. Take the hits and take the flak if shit goes sour. That is the job a goalkeeper.

Even if I was part of a makeshift defence, I would be more worried looking behind me knowing this guy is going to absolutely nothing to relieve the pressure.

He has been doing it since he got here, countless ball after countless ball, whipped or floated, dropping to people in the SIX YARD BOX and this word removed is standing on his line.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes, it's a poor defence but that doesn't excuse the amount of times this guy takes no responsibility at all. The fact it is poor should be motivation enough for this guy to come and claim as much as possible. Take the hits and take the flak if shit goes sour. That is the job a goalkeeper.

Even if I was part of a makeshift defence, I would be more worried looking behind me knowing this guy is going to absolutely nothing to relieve the pressure.

He has been doing it since he got here, countless ball after countless ball, whipped or floated, dropping to people in the SIX YARD BOX and this word removed is standing on his line.

He cost a million quid. What we're you expecting? 

Â