Thierry Henry

TRO

Seriously folks I thinks it has got disaster written all over it. As if that isn't bad enough we would have put up with all his excuses "well that was before I arrived" "the players weren't fit enough"  - and then of course with new owners being a bit green, he will probably get a £3m payout when we sack him.

Same criteria for any manager - if he wins games I will like him - if he doesn't I won't  - no excuses 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

O'leary was a prick. Looked down on fans literally

There were several managers I took a dislike to but none enough to wish them ill over the success of Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It has nothing to do with whether he'll be good at Villa then, is it? You personally don't like him, that seems to be all there is to this. Which is fine, you can dislike whoever you want, but it has no bearing on whether he'll be a good appointment or not.

You can't help some people, it would be better if they just went away

You utter ***** @TRO

I came on here after getting home from work, saw that he had his own thread started an hour ago and though that he must have signed!. 

Edited by TheStagMan

Just now, hippo said:

Seriously folks I thinks it has got disaster written all over it. As if that isn't bad enough we would have put up with all his excuses "well that was before I arrived" "the players weren't fit enough"  - and then of course with new owners being a bit green, he will probably get a £3m payout when we sack him.

Same criteria for any manager - if he wins games I will like him - if he doesn't I won't  - no excuses 

If he wins you'll like him, but you've already written him off?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, if we were going to take a gamble I would much rather do it with an ex villa man who has already had managerial success/experience even in a lesser league. 

Exactly, why develop someone else's legend and not try out one of ours

Just now, hippo said:

... but you posted that you’d still hate him if he succeeded at Villa. ?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

So you're moaning about the excuses Henry might use IF he gets appointed and IF he does badly?

Sounds like a pretty bad excuse for not wanting him as manager to me. 

It boils down to the fact a lot of fans aren't happy with Bruce's style of football and want a change.  With change comes the possibilities that it'll be better or it'll be worse. if you always do what you've always done,  you'll always get what you've always got. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So you're moaning about the excuses Henry might use IF he gets appointed and IF he does badly?

Sounds like a pretty bad excuse for not wanting him as manager to me. 

Can't listen to a manager's excuses if you don't hire a manager.

th?id=OIP.f6asZdfELXzmvOY4gd4xewAAAA&w=2

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brommy said:

There were several managers I took a dislike to but none enough to wish them ill over the success of Aston Villa. 

Same here but he was an actual prick from experience

So we take someone with no experience and put them into a situation where they have to replicate or better the previous season with a weaker team, no preparation time and little/no chance of bringing in their own players. Simultaneously they will be expected overhaul our entire style of play again with little/no preparation time or chance to bring in their own players.

And people think this will work?!

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

So we take someone with no experience and put them into a situation where they have replicate or better the previous season with a weaker team, no preparation time and little/no chance of bringing in their own players. Simultaneously they will be expected overhaul our entire style of play again with little/no preparation time or chance to bring in their own players.

And people think this will work?!

Why would Henry take this job if he is destined to fail? His managerially career would be over before it even started. 

For him to turn down mega money to be a Pundit he must either be paid ridiculous money or been given assurances he will have all he needs to succeed.