Thierry Henry

TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

no you have missed a presumption.

Lots of stuff around, even in the Italian non gossip press that it's been agreed and all that needs to happen now is that we need to agree the terms of Bruce's exit, Brexit negotations are simples right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Lots of stuff around, even in the Italian non gossip press that it's been agreed and all that needs to happen now is that we need to agree the terms of Bruce's exit, Brexit negotations are simples right?

There does seem to be a lot of speculation......too much smoke, for there not to be a fire.

Smacks of RDM and owners who don't really know what they're doing, wanting to bring in their own man and a 'name'. 

I'm not going to judge him before seeing what he can do but I don't buy into things taking more than a year to become apparent. Potential is there to see fairly early on and patience is afforded when there are positive aspects to take from it. Just because Henry is new, it doesn't mean that he gets more time than anyone else. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Amazing that none of the other sources in the UK have ran with it. To my knowledge, the Daily Star and Alan Nixon the only ones telling us it’ll happen. You’d think they’d all be all over it with it being reported in Italy. Crap jerknalists. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Same here but he was an actual prick from experience

Not doubting your experience at all and whilst I didn’t know the man, I took a strong dislike to the way O’Leary publicly acted in regards to Villa but always wished him success whilst he managed us.

As of yet, I’ve yet to see a reason to wish Henry ill should he become Villa manager.

10 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Henry is the man to take us forward, as fans, we will have to be patient and give him time to deliver what we all want which u doubtedly is good and successful football.  So for me, 1-3 years is perfectly acceptable if that means that we become a force in the premier league again for a long time.

MON was successful but he played boring football which was unsustainable.

Lambert played dour football that lead ultimately to relegation (Garde in no way could have saved us that season under the constraints applied to him)

Bruce has played dour football which will be unsustainable in the premier league.

So let's do it and do it right this time.

tenor.gif?itemid=11566882

• Like 3

We have to judge where we fell short last season, and for me it was after we beat Cardiff and it was largely in our own hands where we threw it away.  I think Bruce's rigidity with tactics that held us back ultimately and not just in the play off final, but at several times during the season.  Obviously Henry has no track record to judge him by, so we can only guess the way he will want to play.  If I had to guess it would be a similar style to what Southgate developed almost overnight with England, as it seems lots of modern coaches are going in that direction including most that Henry has worked under/with, and I like that style.  But then in the Championship there is always room for meat and two veg football, certainly when it comes to getting to the play offs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if Henry takes over the aim will be to challenge for playoffs this season. Automatic next season. 

Playoffs, but not promoted? But that would mean he had FAILED? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Playoffs, but not promoted? But that would mean he had FAILED? 

It depends if he has assembled the most expensive squad in championship history I suppose ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hippo said:

My reasoning I think he will be shit. And once again we are the laughing stock of the football world. I hope the good lord intervenes and it doesn't happen. If it does I wish him every ill known to man.

U ok hun?

• Haha 1

Getting the right backroom staff will be crucial, he will also instantly command the respect of the players. Time will tell if he's actually any good though. It could be that he has some really good ideas and can motivate players as well. Or, he might just struggle to communicate with what are essentially 'shite' players well below any level he has ever played at. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually said aim was to challenge for playoffs. Something even Bruce couldn’t manage in his first season. 

Steve Bruce literally saved us in his first season, we was on course for a second drop

• Like 1