Demitri_C

Bruce In or Out?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Bruce In or Out?

• In
    • Out
    • On the fence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/07/18 at 18:38

Out

Regardless of the dire football served up at times , i wish him well ,  he’s earned  the right to a warm reception here when he comes back with his next club for a league cup meeting next season 

• Like 3

It's probably too disruptive to get rid now seeing as they only decided to buy the club 10 days ago. They won't have anyone lined up and the season starts in 2 weeks. I also think our squad won't end up massively weaker than last season (given Kodjia was out all year and Grealish til December) so he has a chance at promotion again. 

However, if I was Sawiris/Edens I'd want to see that attitude on Wednesday. If he's in excuse mode already they might as well sack him on the spot.

I think regardless of what happens this week though, he's on borrowed time. I suspect the process of finding his eventual successor will begin pretty quickly, and there will not be much patience for a run of poor form.

Out and proud. In fact I’m all for doing the Hokey Cokey and turning around. And I’ll tell you why, it’s necause that’s what it’s all about. Hokey for manager and Cokey as director of football. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I voted in mainly because we've been linked with Henry as a replacement and that does not give me any confidence at all however i would be open to a change if it was someone who's actually managed a club before and we have an clear plan in place for the next few years. 

• Like 1

Before the takeover when it looked like we were in dire straits I was 100% Bruce in. Now, I'm on the fence. New owners may mean its best we aim for a new direction. Really not sure. Suppose it depends on who would replace him.

Anonymous poll!?! I wanted to see who voted for what, I voted out. 

Even though he got it together well for a spell last season, the start, the obvious flaws in the first good run of results (inability to keep the ball, relying on individuals to do something, looking a bunch of strangers) which unravelled to the bad patch in the winter and then the third and final nail in the coffin bad run when we had actually got to where we wanted to be. It all adds up to me not being super confident he can get us up there again this year. Had we ended the season on a good run then I might think different, fine lines, but that's the game.

He did some good work in getting us from omnishables into a good tight squad with team spirit that worked for each other and stuff. He was ever so close, but the same faults came back again and again and I don't think he will sort that out any time soon. If this is a new start with promise of long term investment then let's appoint a young manager with a vision and give him a shot at building something here with our young talent and steady sustainable investment. 

• Like 1

On the fence. No fan of Bruce's football, but he's done plenty in terms of spirit, got Grealish going and got close last year. Without a viable alternative he's not a bad option. 

Also depends of who we keep / lose / sell / loan. If we've lost everyone and are starting from scratch with kids I'd want someone new. 

... Will see what happens. 

I am firmly out - So long as the next guy is a major improvement.

We need someone who's won a major thing or 2 and can take this club to the next level again and not just going to sign shite for stupid money to then be stuck with them for up to the next 5 seasons scenarios.

Que Your Wengers, Rafa's, etc. But yeah smoking something indeed.

I wonder what the Dean Smith camp are on?.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So s its a massive day for bruce on Wednesday with a meeting new owners think we need a poll. so big question bruce in or out?

I've thought about this long and hard and I think Bruce should stay and be given 7-8 games if we start poorly then i thibk he should go. 

So every other team gets 38 to 39 games more than us to have a crack at promotion. Logical!

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if they setup the same structure as under xia but with better people to do those roles what would your decision be?

If they get high calibre people in right from the start then I'd probably go for out.