Demitri_C

Bruce In or Out?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Bruce In or Out?

• In
    • Out
    • On the fence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/07/18 at 18:38

I do find it amusing the people saying "only if we can find someone better"... Well isn't that the case for everyone?! The problem is that that proviso is highly subjective!

I don't think a single poster thinks he's the best manager in the world so surely the question is not " only if we can find someone better" but how easy or realistic that potential target is. 

At our level, and with the depressing likelihood that the takeover changes little as regards departures and arrivals, I'm probably on the 'In' side of the fence. These players largely play for Bruce. If we can't buy anyone then I see little point in changing the manager. So no, I don't think we can find anyone better with our current limitations.

In, For now at least.

There are 3 international breaks before xmas.

Sept 3rd -- We will have played 6 league games.

Oct 8th - We will have played 12 league games.

Nov 12th - We will have played 17 league games.

Any of those would seem a reasonable time to monitor progress.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

In, For now at least.

Christ - 3 breaks. Always such a pain disrupting the season. 

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

In, For now at least.

So how many points do we need to be on at each of those stages to still be Bruce in? If you are Bruce in I'm guessing you don't mind how the points are obtained ;)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So s its a massive day for bruce on Wednesday with a meeting new owners think we need a poll. so big question bruce in or out?

I've thought about this long and hard and I think Bruce should stay and be given 7-8 games if we start poorly then i thibk he should go. 

But if he had 7-8 games and does poorly then the next manager is completely screwed - it is another 4 months before they can do anything to the squad that they will inherit, their team will be out of form and they'll be trying to introduce a new approach / system / coaching / tactics (or whatever it is they think SB has been doing wrong) with a team low in confidence and desperate for points.  So we'd be pretty much writing off the first 3-4 months of the season by which time we will have no chance of being promoted and we will have little appeal to any new signings in terms of the prospect of PL football within 18 months. 

I think you have to be bold and either stick or twist.  If you are only initially willing to gamble on 7-8 games then that suggests to me that you aren't very confident about sticking.  In which case should you really be gambling any spending money on new signings on a situation that you are not confident in?  Also say we do OK after 7-8 games - what then happens when / if form drops?  Does he get another 7-8 games?  

I guess my view is that if you are genuinely unsure about something then it probably isn't right or even if it is right, it probably will not work because you are not 100% committed to it being right.  If Bruce stays I hope it is because the new owners believe that he is the best bet (under the current circumstances) to succeed this season.  If he goes I hope it is because they fully believe his replacement is a better (ideally the best possible) option. 

Of course that logic does kind of assume that you have the luxury of some time to make a decision and I appreciate that is something we don't really have!

In. We were close last season. I think if we had Kodjia and Grealish fit for the majority of the season we would have made the auto spots. Those two missing were a big loss, and no fault of anyone. His hands have been shackled a little bit by wasters like Richards and McCormack to name but two eating a large chunk of our squad budget. 

I think we will be pushing again, assuming we can keep the key players here and fit. We just need a couple of good loan signings to strengthen. 

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So how many points do we need to be on at each of those stages to still be Bruce in? If you are Bruce in I'm guessing you don't mind how the points are obtained ;)

6 games - 11+ pts

12 Games - 23+ pts

17 games 33+ pts

• Like 1

Depends if we are able to get players or not, if not Im afraid we wont attract a proper name then I would stay with Bruce.

The look of Henry as our manager could be exciting, but all connections wont help us if we cant sign anyone.

Atleast Bruce knows this squad very well and he agreed to play youngster and this was one of issues not giving even some of his senior players a chance let alone young players.

I went for out. If we can’t spend money then we need someone prepared to blood youngsters, that hasn’t been Bruce at Villa so far.

If we can spend money I’m not sure Bruce would make inspiring signings.

he has had pretty much 2 seasons and an expensive squad (at this level), I just don’t think it’s going to happen for him here.

Out ... he tried he failed he will leave with my gratitude for his efforts and being a gent but time moves on and so must we in my humble opinion 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2