Demitri_C

Bruce In or Out?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Bruce In or Out?

• In
    • Out
    • On the fence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/07/18 at 18:38

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Steve Bruce is happily telling everyone that he has lost 8 of the 11 that started the play of final. So where’s this squad he built?

Wouldn't it be like the team he finished mid table with? Luckily he brought through all the youth players lol

• Haha 3

The football Bruce served up week after week was, with the odd exception, truly awful. Henry gives me hope we just might start playing some decent football. All managers have to start somewhere. If it is Henry, then I’ll err on the side of optimism. ?

3 hours ago, AXD said:

In.

a new manager coming in now, after most of pre season gone, is too much of a risk. We would get excuses like ‘the players haven’t adapted to my style of play yet’ for the first few games. If it’s Henry, it would be even more of a gamble as nobody knows what kind of a manager he would be.

other than that, Bruce did quite well last year (except promotion of course). He knows the team, the league and the expectations and how to get a result.

That's why we would need a 'proven' name that will come in and hit the ground running...

None of this.. the squad needs time stuff when it goes tits up after 8 games.

3 hours ago, AXD said:

In.

a new manager coming in now, after most of pre season gone, is too much of a risk. We would get excuses like ‘the players haven’t adapted to my style of play yet’ for the first few games. If it’s Henry, it would be even more of a gamble as nobody knows what kind of a manager he would be.

other than that, Bruce did quite well last year (except promotion of course). He knows the team, the league and the expectations and how to get a result.

Yeah all that practicing to kick the ball as far up the pitch as possible will have gone to waste! :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder if this snapshot is a good representation of all fans. 

It's not normally, there seemed to be more discontent with Bruce within the hallowed digital halls fo VillaTalk than elsewhere during the season.

I said out as although I'm not totally sure the next manager will do as well as Bruce. I'm pretty sure we won't finish in the top 6 with him this season so I'm happy for us to take the risk as at worst I see a boring mid table finish.

I'd take 16th and blooding of youngsters and better football than finishing 8th.

Undecided

For me it’s about what our new overlords want to achieve this season. If it’s a new shot at automatic promotion, regardless of style, players and whatever, just get promoted, I still think Bruce is our best option.

If it’s more long term, build a young side and get promotion in 2-3 years time, Henry would be my choice. 

Bruce is stronger in getting results, Henry would be a beacon to attract young ambitious players, but not necessarily players that would secure promotion already next season.

But Henry would also offer a fresh start for some of our expensive strikers. That’s also worth something. 

The disadvantage of building a young side is that it’s a waste of time. Not many of them would be able to make it at the next level. 

So we need three teams. One to get us out of the Championship. There I rate Bruce higher if it’s to happen next season, Henry if it’s going to take longer time. One that would survive after promotion, there I rate Bruce over Henry, and finally one that would challenge for a place in Europe. For that team I rate Henry over Bruce.

Any chance of Henry coming in as no. 2 for Bruce, working together for 1 season after promotion then Bruce moves to dof to leave Henry in charge.. 

Covers most peoples wishes.. 

Personally don't think Henry would come as a no. 2..but worth a shot

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be a pretty lame season

But if it meant we stormed the league the next season and then were more than able to hold our own in the Prem the season after....I'd bite your hand off!

20 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Any chance of Henry coming in as no. 2 for Bruce, working together for 1 season after promotion then Bruce moves to dof to leave Henry in charge.. 

Covers most peoples wishes.. 

Personally don't think Henry would come as a no. 2..but worth a shot

Or maybe joint boss. As long as Henry is in charge of coaching, Bruce can do all the other stuff. Dream team !

I'd back Bruce  int he Championship to finish above a rookie T.Henry.....Unless he's got some Mendes style wonder agent in his back pocket

Then again if they decide it over a 50m dash then Bruce is going to regret having a monthly account at that kebab shop

Seriously what do people think Bruce will do with loan players gone? Snodgrass only player with double figure assists. Grabban 8 goals in limited appearances. Just read we want to sell Lansbury but can't because he's on 40k a week!?! Another dud Bruce buy. Honestly I'm done with him after reading that though I never wanted him

• Like 1