Demitri_C

Bruce In or Out?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Bruce In or Out?

• In
    • Out
    • On the fence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/07/18 at 18:38

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seriously what do people think Bruce will do with loan players gone? Snodgrass only player with double figure assists. Grabban 8 goals in limited appearances. Just read we want to sell Lansbury but can't because he's on 40k a week!?! Another dud Bruce buy. Honestly I'm done with him after reading that though I never wanted him

and what will Henry do?

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Come with Bould with tactics and a philosophy other than keep it tight at the back and hoof

Steve Bould who has been in charge of an embarrassing Arsenal defence?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I can't argue with last year but been in job since 2012

and what have Arsenal done since then? the biggest underachievers in England and bottled nearly every big game they played

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

WTF has Bruce done other than been mediocre everywhere he's gone

more than Henry has done in management

I have no time for Bruce but he is much better choice than Henry

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How many teams had Roy Keane managed when he took over at Sunderland when they were 1 win from 5 and got them promoted?

He also had a big Championship budget, he spent about 10 million which was a lot at the time

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Bruce go - the fact is that he failed in his job last season.

But, it all depends on what our position is in the transfer market. If nothing has changed in our ability to build a new team then I'd keep Bruce to steady the ship. I also think a lot of the coaching team he's gradually built. 

If we can build a new team to be ambitious again then a change is probably best. But not Henry - I'd be amazed if someone of his experience could get us close to the top of this league. I'd be worried we'll go down again if Henry becomes our manager. 

Edited by billybofalbion

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would prefer someone like Bilic tbh if we're going down the big name route.

Henry is too much of a risk at this stage imo. Would work better if/when we're back in prem.

That makes no sense. Henry would work better back in the prem? I'd rather he cut his teeth in Championship. I really think with his own players not the moneyball that were bought for him Sherwood would've done a decent job at this level

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He also had a big Championship budget, he spent about 10 million which was a lot at the time

... and Bruce had peanuts?

Bruce failed from 2 attempts with a massive budget and a team built specifically for immediate promotion. I have no confidence he can do anything with a lesser squad.

Out.

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Come with Bould with tactics and a philosophy other than keep it tight at the back and hoof

So you're saying Henry will be Bould in his formation? I thought people liked him because he has a personality all of his own.