Time for a takeover

Jareth

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One thing which is for absolute certain is that someone somewhere has spotted something which neither Randy or Xia's team thought worth doing.

There is probably some really top end finance guy sitting somewhere looking over papers and chuckling to himself about the state of affairs of the club and how much money is being piddled away or being left unrealised.

This is a good find. Looks like it was dug up by the new boys team. Shows they are on the ball hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

This is a good find. Looks like it was dug up by the new boys team. Shows they are on the ball hopefully. 

The news guys are always on the ball. Until they get bought out and the new new guys come in and show them for the Charlatans they were.

Samiris's financial experts will be claiming the team is too unfit tomorrow ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Squire Patton Boggs?! Sounds like a really posh private toilet company :D

reminds of this :crylaugh:

CarryOnatyourConvenience.poster.jpg

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 3

News: Press Releases | 23 July 2018

Match made in heaven: Hogan Lovells kicks off Aston Villa FC season advising on NSWE investment

Hogan Lovells has advised Championship football club Aston Villa FC on the real estate aspects of investment in the club by NSWE through an undisclosed capital injection.

https://www.hoganlovells.com/en/news/match-made-in-heaven-hogan-lovells-kicks-off-aston-villa-fc-season-advising-on-nswe-investment#.W1X2H62XrSo.twitter

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

It's interesting that it was real estate advice.  I'm not sure if this is good or bad.  It could be that they have identified some great revenue opportunities from the owned  buildings and land which is connected to all these charges being put in order, but I worry it could be stuff like selling Villa Park and renting it back or some such thing.  That always goes wrong when the ground is bought by the owner, they tend to bugger off and charge huge rents eventually leaving the club homeless. That sparks alarm bells for me and I will be watching this space very carefully. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's interesting that it was real estate advice.  I'm not sure if this is good or bad.  It could be that they have identified some great revenue opportunities from the owned  buildings and land which is connected to all these charges being put in order, but I worry it could be stuff like selling Villa Park and renting it back or some such thing.  That always goes wrong when the ground is bought by the owner, they tend to bugger off and charge huge rents eventually leaving the club homeless. That sparks alarm bells for me and I will be watching this space very carefully. 

Could be about naming rights. I don't believe you can do anything with the ground having a charge on it. Pretty much all the charges are just old ones that have had some housekeeping done. I don't get buying the ground, as surely they already own that? (between them all that is) We have some under developed land and perhaps the new guys want to press ahead with the north Stand for instance? I see nothing so far to think anything sketchy is happening or that it will. I'll be keeping an  eye om things, but more out of interest to see what they are planning vs having worries.

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Could be about naming rights. I don't believe you can do anything with the ground having a charge on it. Pretty much all the charges are just old ones that have had some housekeeping done. I don't get buying the ground, as surely they already own that? (between them all that is) We have some under developed land and perhaps the new guys want to press ahead with the north Stand for instance? I see nothing so far to think anything sketchy is happening or that it will. I'll be keeping an  eye om things, but more out of interest to see what they are planning vs having worries.

The limited company own it.  Sell it to a other company (at arms length from the directors) for £20m, £20m is in the clubs P&L, then the owner usually charges peppercorn rent until everyone falls into then the true owner who has now left the club is revealed, puts the rent up massively and eventually forces the club to leave.  This is pretty much what happened to Coventry at The Richo and happened at Moseley Rugby Club. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The limited company own it.  Sell it to a other company (at arms length from the directors) for £20m, £20m is in the clubs P&L, then the owner usually charges peppercorn rent until everyone falls into then the true owner who has now left the club is revealed, puts the rent up massively and eventually forces the club to leave.  This is pretty much what happened to Coventry at The Richo and happened at Moseley Rugby Club. 

Yeah with small time crooks, not a CHANCE that is their intentions imo of course

I propose 'villa quarry' to reopen, charging £1000 a ton for aggregate. The completely unrelated 'villa cement' buy it to build a 3 foot thick 1 Sq mile slab of concrete in the Egyptian desert. Come in lads let's get on it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I propose 'villa quarry' to reopen, charging £1000 a ton for aggregate. The completely unrelated 'villa cement' buy it to build a 3 foot thick 1 Sq mile slab of concrete in the Egyptian desert. Come in lads let's get on it

Don't forget that you will need to utilise the services of "HolteEnd Transportation and Shipping Company Ltd" (also completely unrelated) to get it there, and the also unrelated "Witton Lane Management Inc" to project manage the whole thing. They do charge £3000 per day per Project Manager and you would need at least 17 of them, but they are absolutely worth it.

Â