Time for a takeover

Jareth

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What about 32 Red?...

Talk Talk is just our official broadband sponsor, 32 Red will remain as shirt sponsor I think.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What about 32 Red?...

32 Red is still the shirt sponsor. TalkTalk is our communications partner. I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting sponsors in all sorts of sectors Man United style.

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting sponsors in all sorts of sectors Man United style.

I think I read one of our new owners (Sawiris) is CEO of a massive fertiliser business worth €5bn, maybe they could sponsor the pitch? OCI N.V Official sponsors of the Villa Park Pitch?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think I read one of our new owners (Sawiris) is CEO of a massive fertiliser business worth €5bn, maybe they could sponsor the pitch? OCI N.V Official sponsors of the Villa Park Pitch?

On this note a friend of mine had a meeting with a championship team about generating extra revenues and one of the things they talked about was sponsoring the pitch, apparently there are rules in the PL against it but its far less strict in the championship. He's mystified more clubs don't do it considering the pitches almost always look fantastic and there would be a fair few companies hoping to take some credit for that 

• Like 2

We are happy to announce hammerite smooth, our official partner for painting of the white lines in the car park,  together with Hammerite original, our official sponsor for the paint on the gate.

Edited by TheStagMan

12 minutes ago, weedman said:

On this note a friend of mine had a meeting with a championship team about generating extra revenues and one of the things they talked about was sponsoring the pitch, apparently there are rules in the PL against it but its far less strict in the championship. He's mystified more clubs don't do it considering the pitches almost always look fantastic and there would be a fair few companies hoping to take some credit for that 

That is interesting that you cannot sponsor the pitch in the PL, when you have Man Utd with their official Noodle or Tractor supplier, what is wrong with sponsoring the pitch?

I agree it would be a good thing to sponsor, as you say the pitches these days are superb compared to back in the late 80's and early 90's (Anyone remember our sand pitch back iin the early 90's?, I doubt anyone would want to take credit for that ?)

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

That is interesting that you cannot sponsor the pitch in the PL, when you have Man Utd with their official Noodle or Tractor supplier, what is wrong with sponsoring the pitch?

I agree it would be a good thing to sponsor, as you say the pitches these days are superb compared to back in the late 80's and early 90's (Anyone remember our sand pitch back iin the early 90's?, I doubt anyone would want to take credit for that ?)

kinetic-sand-green-4.jpg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, we have been watching a load of old **** at Villa Park for many years, it's rather fitting.

• Haha 1

It would have been nice to hear about the target for this season, whether they will be appointing a CEO, new scouting structure, do we have to sell players, etc. We still don’t really know anything yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thejoker said:

It would have been nice to hear about the target for this season, whether they will be appointing a CEO, new scouting structure, do we have to sell players, etc. We still don’t really know anything yet.

They don't either ?

So sticking with Bruce which is probably the most sensible move for now given all the other changes.  I want/expect to see the rest of the top positions sorted in the coming weeks so that once we get into the season if/when a change of manager is needed there are experienced people in place to do it / have already planned for it. 

Time to get professional.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think they should sponsor the team   (you can't polish a turd !)

What's the chances of having two multi billionaires owning us that BOTH have a lazy right eye?! ? 

The video was fine, you can see they were asked to put 'something' out and as a result we got a awkward (ish) generic (albeit it nice) quick video. I'm sure we will hear a lot more about their vision after they have undertaken a full review and had more than a few days to buy the club and get the keys, so to speak. 

Keeping Bruce wouldn't have been my preferred choice, but I totally get it (I'm afraid to go in the Bruce thread) On balance it's a sensible and pragmatic approach (a novelty when it comes to Villa owners) He will be on a very short leash though. I suspect they might want their own man anyway, so it's a win win. if he fails, they've had time to properly scout a replacement and if he succeeds, great!! 

I like these two, they feel like 'real' owners and only REALLY rich people wear a suit like Wes Edens haha!! 

• Like 1

Â