Time for a takeover

Jareth

6 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Apparently our owners combined wealth is third highest in the country.

Does that include the 1-2 billion that Xia is worth?

Where have you seen this? Who's above us with Man City?

5 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I think we could making more of that quarry we own.

It could be used to get McCormack and Richards back to full fitness .

Apparently Sawiris owns the largest cement factory in the world. And when McCormack and Richards went for their boot measurements last week they thought is was for football boots........ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The limited company own it.  Sell it to a other company (at arms length from the directors) for £20m, £20m is in the clubs P&L, then the owner usually charges peppercorn rent until everyone falls into then the true owner who has now left the club is revealed, puts the rent up massively and eventually forces the club to leave.  This is pretty much what happened to Coventry at The Richo and happened at Moseley Rugby Club. 

This is some sinister s**t. Surely such wealthy businessman aren’t in it for this? 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would assume it’s Chelsea. But then if you consider Arsenal’s shareholders than it would probably be them. 

roman is listed as being worth $11.7bn although i thought a divorce a couple of years back took a big chunk off him

usmanov is worth $15bn, kroenke is worth $8bn

i think both show the pitfalls of using personal wealth as a way of judging club spending, roman in particular looks disinterested now, both have fallen out of the CL places too, it doesn't really mean that much

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is some sinister s**t. Surely such wealthy businessman aren’t in it for this? 

I'm not saying in any way shape of form that is what is happening. I was just curious that they had specific real estate advice and hoped this didn't include hiving Villa Park off to generate some income for the club. 

It's OK when everyone is hunky dory but when things get nasty the stadium owner can make life difficult. It's not meant to be sinister, done with the best of intentions in fact. 

Ultimately the club don't own the ground anymore.  Reminds me of those piranha companies who buy old people's homes off them then rent them back, that leads to horror stories also. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not saying in any way shape of form that is what is happening. I was just curious that they had specific real estate advice and hoped this didn't include hiving Villa Park off to generate some income for the club. 

It's OK when everyone is hunky dory but when things get nasty the stadium owner can make life difficult. 

Ultimately the club don't own the ground anymore.  Reminds me of those piranha companies who buy old people's homes off them then rent them back, that leads to horror stories also. 

You’re scaring me. Stop it! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's OK when everyone is hunky dory but when things get nasty the stadium owner can make life difficult. It's not meant to be sinister, done with the best of intentions in fact. 

The club don't own the ground anymore?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Hmmm, possibly. I did think maybe they are houses we put players in straight after signing, but then I looked at them on Zoopla and they aren't really modern day footballers pads. I can't see what we would do with them other than rent them out for a bit of income?

I had a friend who moved to Villa when he was 16 to play for Villa. Villa put him and his family up in house like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would assume it’s Chelsea. But then if you consider Arsenal’s shareholders than it would probably be them. 

Could both Manchester clubs be the two? 

6 minutes ago, John said:

Could both Manchester clubs be the two? 

Could be. Every club seems to have a billionaire owner these days.

They making so much money in that league they don’t even need wealthy owners. Just look at Liverpool spending already. 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2018 at 12:33, Lichfield Dean said:

"So did you have a good time last night honey?"

"Yes, we watched some of that world soccer, had a few beers with the lads, we got a bit drunk and joked about buying a football club! Haha! Good job we didn't get too hammered otherwise we might actually have... Hang on, where has all my money gone? Oh no!"

"At least we can sit down and carefully choose a manager to steer the club in a professional and stable manner. I mean, it's not like we just drunkenly phoned up our favourite footballer that night and offered him the manager's position! Wait, what do you mean that's exactly what we did? Oh no!"

From being a depressing disaster to the third richest club in the country within a few days. We deserve some good times after the last 7 years of shite and hopefully they are now coming. 

• Like 3

Â