Time for a takeover

Jareth

On 17/07/2018 at 22:31, rubberman said:

I know it's a load of bollox, but for a moment in my mind I'm going to welcome our new billionaire overlords and Terry Henry as manager. 

Good Times. 

Well in that case I'm now going to focus on us winning the league unbeaten!

2 hours ago, John said:

To be fair those Leeds fans had been through what we were on the crest of until a couple of days ago. They were sympathetic and told us how it had been for them and how it so nearly was for us we were just luckier than they were quicker. Unlike Small Heath, Albion and Wolves fans they did not openly enjoy our predicament and I would not say no to going up this season alongside them. They are a big team who are just coming out of a dismal few years and like us need to get back to their rightful place in the top flight. I wish them and their fans well.

I too wish them well, but what I didn't understand was them coming on and repeatedly telling us how to protest to get rid of our owner, seemingly forgetting that it was a fan-organised protest (organised by DDiD and Mark from VT) that essentially pushed Randy out and tempted Xia in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I too wish them well, but what I didn't understand was them coming on and repeatedly telling us how to protest to get rid of our owner, seemingly forgetting that it was a fan-organised protest (organised by DDiD and Mark from VT) that essentially pushed Randy out and tempted Xia in.

There was quite a lot of projection in their posts to be honest. lots of assumptions that what happened to them was ultimately our path. Sometimes almost gleeful too. I don't think it was intended, but they read like two people who really hadn't dealt with their own damage.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

There was quite a lot of projection in their posts to be honest. lots of assumptions that what happened to them was ultimately our path. Sometimes almost gleeful too. I don't think it was intended, but they read like two people who really hadn't dealt with their own damage.

I don't think it was gleeful, I just think that they found it cathartic that someone else was suffering what they went through. 

I think Tony meant well enough, he wasn't here to take us to the cleaners and asset strip he was just a gambler who had no money and no business acumen. Their owners were much more targeted to squeeze everything out of the club they could. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

is it as cunning as a fox that has just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford University?

It's a step up in cunning from that. It's a s cunning as a fox that has moved on from its position of professor of cunning at Oxford University to an appointment as Chancellor at Foxford University in Cunningtown.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Apparently our owners combined wealth is third highest in the country.

Does that include the 1-2 billion that Xia is worth.

I'm assuming city are top, followed by abramhovic? 

Then it's between us and wolves?

57 minutes ago, privateer said:

It's a step up in cunning from that. It's a s cunning as a fox that has moved on from its position of professor of cunning at Oxford University to an appointment as Chancellor at Foxford University in Cunningtown.

Ah, I see, but is it as cunning as a fox that has moved on from its position of professor of cunning at Oxford University to an appointment as Chancellor at Foxford University in Cunningtown, whilst holding a seat on the board of Cunning Inc. as well as being a majority shareholder in "I can't believe it's not cunning"?

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm assuming city are top, followed by abramhovic? 

Then it's between us and wolves?

I would say Villa are firmly in the top 3 based solely on upfront funds between the two owners, plus the potential for the Sawiris family to get further involved later down the line.

Nassef and Wes are worth $9+ billion, but the Sawiris family are worth $36+ billion and they own all sorts of companies that could throw us a cheeky sponsorship once we're back in the Premier League. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I would say Villa are firmly in the top 3 based solely on upfront funds between the two owners, plus the potential for the Sawiris family to get further involved later down the line.

Nassef and Wes are worth $9+ billion, but the Sawiris family are worth $36+ billion and they own all sorts of companies that could throw us a cheeky sponsorship once we're back in the Premier League. 

Unbelievable. Thia has happened to villa? This never happens to us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unbelievable. Thia has happened to villa? This never happens to us

Prepare the Kleenex. I'm reading Alisha Usmanov is looking to sell his stake in Arsenal. And we've got a minority shareholder who's on the way out.

I see the future. Mr T. Henry as Head Coach. Mr A. Wenger as DOF. Combined football knowledge, encyclopaedic. Combined honours, numerous.

Owners Messrs W. Edens, N, Sawiris and A. Usmanov. Combined wealth, limitless and uncountable. ?

Yes, I know. But can you just imagine the bitterness, rage and jealousy all across the nation but with the Midlands as the epicentre of of gnashing teeth?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, privateer said:

Prepare the Kleenex. I'm reading Alisha Usmanov is looking to sell his stake in Arsenal. And we've got a minority shareholder who's on the way out.

I see the future. Mr T. Henry as Head Coach. Mr A. Wenger as DOF. Combined football knowledge, encyclopaedic. Combined honours, numerous.

Owners Messrs W. Edens, N, Sawiris and A. Usmanov. Combined wealth, limitless and uncountable. ?

Yes, I know. But can you just imagine the bitterness, rage and jealousy all across the nation but with the Midlands as the epicentre of of gnashing teeth?

you have a vivid imagination..........but I like it.

22 minutes ago, privateer said:

$21.7 billion combined between those three, I'll take it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

you have a vivid imagination..........but I like it.

? Well, you say vivid imagination but it seems only Wenger and Usmanov are not on board. Yet.

If I'd have posted this time last week head coach Tierry Henry and 2 billionaire owners you'd have said certifiably insane, not imaginative. ?

2 minutes ago, privateer said:

? Well, you say vivid imagination but it seems only Wenger and Usmanov are not on board. Yet.

If I'd have posted this time last week head coach Tierry Henry and 2 billionaire owners you'd have said certifiably insane, not imaginative. ?

True.

Just now, Cjay said:

Whats it like not being skint?

Just curious, not something i know much about as a Leeds fan 

A bit frustrating, given that we have a big pot of cash and we aren't allowed to spend it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cjay said:

We don't know yet but we imagine it's all rather lovely. Like a permanent post-coital contented glow.

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

We don't know yet, but it seems like we were saved just in time from the absolute brink.

• Like 1

Â