18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rather amazing that a former cb assembled this defence. Nevermind Hogan for hoofball or Nyland in general. He got McGinn right though I will give him that. 

Well to be fair to Bruce (I know)

His son did say in his tweetstorm that he had to let go of some to bring in the likes of Abraham etc.

Whether true or not we don't know, but it's believable.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well to be fair to Bruce (I know)

His son did say in his tweetstorm that he had to let go of some to bring in the likes of Abraham etc.

Whether true or not we don't know, but it's believable.

In the same rant his son also stated that we got to the playoff final within 12 months of Bruce senior being appointed.. now we all know that's simply not true, so why bother believing anything he ranted about has any truth to it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

In the same rant his son also stated that we got to the playoff final within 12 months of Bruce senior being appointed.. now we all know that's simply not true, so why bother believing anything he ranted about has any truth to it.

Was trying to be nice on Christmas Day....

• Haha 1

Massive game today. We are in “save our season” territory I think.

This fixture also marks the beginning of the run of so called “easier games”. If we can put together a run of 4 or 5 wins on the bounce now, maybe even more than that, things might look very different by the end of January. 

Lose today and you’ve got to think that confidence will be shot, and for me it will feel quite a bit like Bruce’s first season where we got to January and we were hoping for a big impact from the January signings to turn the season around.

54 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

This fixture also marks the beginning of the run of so called “easier games”. If we can put together a run of 4 or 5 wins on the bounce now, maybe even more than that, things might look very different by the end of January. 

Lose today and you’ve got to think that confidence will be shot, and for me it will feel quite a bit like Bruce’s first season where we got to January and we were hoping for a big impact from the January signings to turn the season around.

I thought we were at this point already. We don't have many defenders and DS has tried a few permutations - presumably the defending has been worked  on extensively during training - so really new defenders is the only option left.  

44 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Whilst I think we’re at a “get back on track” point, save our season is perhaps a bit of an over reaction. You’re right to say though, that with some easier games coming up than those we’ve just played, we need to take advantage of these games. Although away games are rarely easy and Swansea we’re a Premier League team last year. 

We are all hoping for the January window can help us to move forward and repair the damage done by the previous manager, as in Bruce’s first season. However as a club we’re in a much better place both on and off the pitch. We have proper owners, who appear at least to have a plan and have installed a group of football men to implement the plan, short and long term. 

Its not great to be in the position we find ourselves, in that we need lots of changes to the team mid season. However I think we have the people to at least implement those changes. Most of us, me included, we’re pleased two years ago when Bruce made all those signings, they were all seen as quality players on form at their former respective clubs. What we did with them afterwards clearly didn’t work out. Hopefully this time the plan isn’t to buy the best individual players, but to construct the best team and with a scouting system not based purely on obvious cherry picking but a deeper knowledge of a wider range of players and a clear plan how to get the best out of them. 

Three points today will be a good start!

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Close this.

Norwich are the flukiest team in history.

It's the race for PROMOTION, not the race for the delusional title which people seem to keep forgetting.

Forest getting a draw instead of a win is actually a better result for us.

Moves us up one place to 9th too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

How shit are forest? 3 up then you go draw. That will kill.forest. Norwich are the jammiest side I've ever seen thats for sure. 

As for Leeds they will win the title I'm convinced of that. Blackburn just like villa bottled it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leeds are pissing me off now. 2 goals in stoppage time! 

Their style of play tires out the opposition, it's not surprising to me they score late goals.

But we need to forget about Leeds and Norwich as of now, consentrate in getting into the top 6

• Like 2

That 3 points is massive for us today. We now need to take 6 from the next two, bring in defensive reinforcements early in January and along with the new keeper we should be well set going into the last 20 games to secure our place in the top 6. Anything more than that now would be a huge bonus.