18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

On 26/12/2018 at 20:50, TheAuthority said:

Why does there seem to be a load of Leeds fans on our forum always predicting whats going to happen to our club? (and it's never good)

It’s really strange

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah but the losses from 4 years ago were enormous, and they won't count anymore. They've been on the way down since, so the situation is improving on the loss front. Seeing as we have no debts now either I would reckon that's going to help.

I know this article was written in the summer but the point mainly still stands. Basically your losses can’t be anymore than 39 million now matter what your owners have in the bank, if it’s above 39 million as it stands you’ll need extra income on your books before the deadline if not that would mean an embargo. 

http://priceoffootball.com/aston-villa-and-ffp/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigRed said:

I know this article was written in the summer but the point mainly still stands. Basically your losses can’t be anymore than 39 million now matter what your owners have in the bank, if it’s above 39 million as it stands you’ll need extra income on your books before the deadline if not that would mean an embargo. 

http://priceoffootball.com/aston-villa-and-ffp/

Somehow I have faith inn our CEO, who has extensive knowledge about FFP, when he categorically denies that there will be any issues with FFP rules. 

We just purchased a 7m goalkeeper. I'm confident the finances are in order for us to do that. If not it would be tremendously negligent by anyone aossisated with the club. Suecidal career wise. 

These guys have a plan and are working to it.

we signed an international calibre keeper a week before the window opened. We’re not being linked with anyone publically which would suggest that targets have been identified and are being progressed professionally.

No doubt they have a number of FFP compliant scenarios if we don’t go up. The real question is whether selling Jack, the keeper, McGinn is part of that plan or not. Time will tell. 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In my opinion I think we can get up to 10m for hourihane id rather sell him than grealish chester or mcginn

Imo we would get nowhere near £10m for Hourihane. Poor player. 

If you look back, transfer wise, over the last 3 years that count for FFP, have we actually had a big nett spend? I don,t think so. We bought Hogan, McCormack etc but sold

Amavi,Veretout,Baker etc. So I don,t think we will have a bad record on that part of it. I realise there are other factors but these guys know what they are doing!!

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Imo we would get nowhere near £10m for Hourihane. Poor player. 

Think you are being very harsh there mate, he's a solid championship player which pretty much all the other teams in the league would take, he scores goals, has good delivery, probably doesn't affect games enough when we are struggling but I think in today's market, 10 million isn't too far off.

Anyway, back on topic, we just need to try to capitalise on this 'easier' run we are about to go on and see where that puts us, but I think ultimately we will finish 5th but hopefully we will go into the play offs with no injuries and good form! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skruff said:

Somehow I have faith inn our CEO, who has extensive knowledge about FFP, when he categorically denies that there will be any issues with FFP rules. 

We just purchased a 7m goalkeeper. I'm confident the finances are in order for us to do that. If not it would be tremendously negligent by anyone aossisated with the club. Suecidal career wise. 

Nah, random Leeds fans who appear to be somewhat obsessed with seeing us go out of business probably know more than our CEO.

I mean come on, think about it..............

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

If you look back, transfer wise, over the last 3 years that count for FFP, have we actually had a big nett spend? I don,t think so. We bought Hogan, McCormack etc but sold

Amavi,Veretout,Baker etc. So I don,t think we will have a bad record on that part of it. I realise there are other factors but these guys know what they are doing!!

Transfermarkt suggests the last 3 seasons - including the signing of Kalinic - we have a net spend of £21m in the past 3 seasons. Obviously this doesn't include wages or other costs/income, but it's a decent guideline.

• Like 1

While we of course should be concentrating on our own games, the next 4 or so weeks throws up some interesting matches which will have an impact on how the top six will look in February.

29th December 

Norwich v Derby

1st January 

Derby v Boro 

Forest v Leeds 

11th-12th January 

Leeds v Derby

Small heath v Boro

Sheff Utd v QPR 

WBA v Norwich 

18th January

Norwich v Small heath

26th January 

Norwich v Sheff Utd

QPR v WBA

2nd February 

Small heath v Forest

WBA v Boro 

Leeds v Norwich

We go into February having picked up a dozen or so points from our next six games it could look very interesting.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Transfermarkt suggests the last 3 seasons - including the signing of Kalinic - we have a net spend of £21m in the past 3 seasons. Obviously this doesn't include wages or other costs/income, but it's a decent guideline.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

OK take out Kalinic and that's less than 5m per year- not bad at all, so it's easier to see why FFP may not be too much of a problem

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

OK take out Kalinic and that's less than 5m per year- not bad at all, so it's easier to see why FFP may not be too much of a problem

I don't think that includes Kalinic does it?

Our losses are around lots of different factors, paying for sacked managers, a wage bill that got silly, reductions in commercial revenues. Our top line has really suffered and that's caused us problems. However, it'll be interesting to see if there's a change once the £80m loss we made in our relegation season is removed from the period for calculation.

For now, I think a top two finish is unlikely, but we're only three points off the next goal. If we win as many as we can, we'll be fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rubberman said:

May be the Xmas celebrations ongoing but I still think top 2 is possible. A big ask sure, but Jan and Feb could see plenty of movement throughout the top10. 

If we put it in perspective Stoke have as much chance of top 2 as we do;  We would laugh if they were talking about it.

It could happen, but so could a lot of things!

22 minutes ago, rubberman said:

May be the Xmas celebrations ongoing but I still think top 2 is possible. A big ask sure, but Jan and Feb could see plenty of movement throughout the top10. 

It's still possible, statistically.

But we'd like need about 58 points from 22 games. That's only 8 points dropped for the remainder of the season. Winning 19, drawing 1 and losing 2. Or Winning 18, drawing 4, losing 0. I'd love to believe it could happen, but it seems impossible in reality. But you have to believe we could beat anyone we meet in the playoffs if we strengthen our weak areas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Must be wrong then. Alex Bruce said that his dad had no money to spend and actually made money for the club (as well as being an unappreciated saviour and all round good guy) so transfermarket MUST be WRONG. 

• Haha 1