Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Yeah, killing the kids of liberal Israelis and foreigners from Europe will do the trick Hamas.

Good grief. The only ones winning here is Iran and organisations that want nothing more than ISIS’ wet dream. Hezbollah are lobbing Iranian made arms into Tel Aviv as we speak, I thought Lebanon learned its lesson the last 5 times they tried this.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

This whole Hamas attack reeks of Putin and Iran. He’s been working on a way to get US attention elsewhere for a year, and in the space of 2 months we’ve got Hamas, Armenia, Sudan and Serbia all doing Putiny things.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Ah never mind, let’s chuck a people post genocide(Jews) into another peoples place now vacated by genocide (aborigines).

Spoken like a true tankie. 

What the bejazzles is a tankie? 

59 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think up until the Camp David peace process went off the rails, being a full-throated supporter of Israel was perfectly defensible imo.

Mark Hamill is 72 now. If he spent the first 50 years of his life seeing Israel as the good guys it can be hard to change that view, even when more recent events mean you probably should.

It should also be noted that any public statements or actions in support of Palestinian rights or against Israel can derail a Hollywood-based acting career fairly quickly. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Time to stock up on Chateau Musar

ll be in short supply soon enough

iirc, the Hochar family have only ever missed one vintage due to the conflicts (1976). 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Forget who is "right" or who is "wrong", defending the slaughter of 260+ innocent young people attending a peace festival is incomprehensible

Yep, if your first reaction to this kind of thing is to reference the scorecard on each side, you aren't really thinking about any of these victims as people.

The thing I think is always true of these situations is at the state- or leadership level there is often (but not always) one party that is guiltier than the other... but when you dig down into the individual events and tragedies, there are always tons of innocent victims on both sides, who really didn't do anything at all to deserve their fate. Dehumanising people because they happen to be on the side you don't like is why Israel exists in the first place.

• Like 3

Well, I'm pretty sure that my opinion about Middle Eastern politics on a football forum has exactly the same discernible value as the piss in my toilet. But let me reassess ...

Spoiler

OK, I reassessed, and the outcome was the same. Piss value, I tell you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, I'm pretty sure that my opinion about Middle Eastern politics on a football forum has exactly the same discernible value as the piss in my toilet. But let me reassess ...

Hide contents

OK, I reassessed, and the outcome was the same. Piss value, I tell you.

Yes but the same is true of our opinion of Jack Grealish or dead celebrities or things we have wondered

• Like 1

No one on earth would care if Hamas annilhated some military checkpoints, buildings, killed a few hundred soldiers, destroyed all Israels barracks etc. It wouldn't even be news. War is war.

However they went and slaughtered hundreds of "innocent" women and children. They took tourists from a rave, tortured murdered and paraded them around naked. There's videos of children being executed "isis" style in front of their families.

The plight of Palestinian is terrible, I agree - but Hamas is a terrorist organisation and is definitely not the answer. They are absolutely no better than Isis.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

No one on earth would care if Hamas annilhated some military checkpoints, buildings, killed a few hundred soldiers, destroyed all Israels barracks etc. It wouldn't even be news. War is war.

However they went and slaughtered hundreds of "innocent" women and children. They took tourists from a rave, tortured murdered and paraded them around naked. There's videos of children being executed "isis" style in front of their families.

in a thread where de-humanisation gets bandied around seemingly without much understanding you've absolutely cracked it mate.

This has been in the works for a while with Iran needing a way to drive a wedge between Israel and Saudi Arabia. 

DUBAI—Iranian security officials helped plan Hamas’s Saturday surprise attack on Israel and gave the green light for the assault at a meeting in Beirut last Monday, according to senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah, another Iran-backed militant group.

https://archive.ph/XcaAJ

11 hours ago, magnkarl said:

This whole Hamas attack reeks of Putin and Iran. He’s been working on a way to get US attention elsewhere for a year, and in the space of 2 months we’ve got Hamas, Armenia, Sudan and Serbia all doing Putiny things.

For some reason Putin gets a lot more credit for world affairs than he should.

Brexit -> Putin

US Election Results -> Putin

Now war in Israel -> Putin

I don’t think he’s that clever or powerful 

• Like 2

Â