Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Netanyahu is finished. 

Tin foil hat on, it's almost unthinkable the best intelligence agency in the world didn't know about the attack.

If I was a conspiracy theorist (and it's fun to do as a mental exercise) if some people within the Israel Zionist circles wanted to get rid of Palestinians once and for all, a retaliation is a way to do it without becoming a world pariah. 

Right away they compared the attacks to pearl harbour or 9/11. And both events ended in an bloodthirsty response. 

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Right away they compared the attacks to pearl harbour or 9/11. And both events ended in an bloodthirsty response. 

You're suggesting that WWII and the US entering it as a result of Pearl Harbour, was a bloodthirsty response?

What would the correct response have been in your opinion?

Just now, bickster said:

You're suggesting that WWII and the US entering it as a result of Pearl Harbour, was a bloodthirsty response?

What would the correct response have been in your opinion?

I am not saying it wasn't the correct response. I am saying Israel has compared the recent attack to that of pearl harbour*, and that ended with a lot's of bloodshed over the next years in the pacific.

I am not questioning the response (I don't like to play a history revisionist). All I'm stating is that the stage has been set for a similar type of a response.

*silly comparison if you ask me

36 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Tin foil hat on, it's almost unthinkable the best intelligence agency in the world didn't know about the attack.

If I was a conspiracy theorist (and it's fun to do as a mental exercise) if some people within the Israel Zionist circles wanted to get rid of Palestinians once and for all, a retaliation is a way to do it without becoming a world pariah. 

I wonder did they know something was coming and they needed that excuse to attack. But it was much much worse than their intelligence predicted.

Surely Palestine is under constant and widespread surveillance, there would have been a build up of rockets and production of them. There would have chatter. It's incredibly disciplined if Israel knew absolutely nothing.

56 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Everytime something in Israel kicks off it reminds me of my uni days. One of the guys in my classes who I was good mates with (muslim guy, but not Palestinian, if that matters) was very animated on the subject. I remember having a lot of conversations with him about the history of it and where he thought it should go next and a lot of what was said still shocks me. He liked to say that it was all Palestine and that Israel wasn't even a country and that the Palestinians and the rest of the Muslim world needed to "kick them out". I would challenge and ask specifically where they were supposed to go? (to a white country, he would say) what that would mean if the Jews wouldn't leave voluntarily? which was where things got very dark that they should basically force them out or he would allude to just wiping out the ones who wouldn't go.

Needless to say what I heard during those days gave me the instinct that we needed to support the Israeli's because they were basically sandwiched between a bunch of people/nations that would annihilate them given the chance. I'm no expert on the subject though.

I'm not sure how common that belief is from Muslims living in the UK or abroad and certainly the way they treat the Palestinians is pretty disgraceful and something akin to apartheid.

The big gripe I have with these other Arab nations on this is that many of them a) trade extensively with Israel b) literally lock their border with Gaza (Egypt), c) use Palestine as cannon fodder for their bloody religious wars to take out Jews (Iran).

What more would you expect from neighbours that have attacked Israel so many times both conventionally and unconventionally that we're getting close to the 10th iteration. It's like Lebanon and Syria forgot their part in this. None of them have a motivation to help Palestine as it would mean Israel could normalise relationships with SA/Gulf countries, and likely prosper. Israel got larger in part because Syria/Lebanon used the Golan Heights as a staging ground for war and used Palestinian land towards Lebanon to keep the war going.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I wonder did they know something was coming and they needed that excuse to attack. But it was much much worse than their intelligence predicted.

Surely Palestine is under constant and widespread surveillance, there would have been a build up of rockets and production of them. There would have chatter. It's incredibly disciplined if Israel knew absolutely nothing.

The other possibility is that the Israeli government is currently a bit incompetent?

They are being run by an extreme fringe of the political spectrum and their leader has been more focused on avoiding prison for corruption charges than running the country for the betterment of society.

Maybe they dropped the ball? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The other possibility is that the Israeli government is currently a bit incompetent?

They are being run by an extreme fringe of the political spectrum and their leader has been more focused on avoiding prison for corruption charges than running the country for the betterment of society.

You could be right. But does every decision have to go through Netanyahu? Did the intelligence agencies, which are some of the best in the world, know nothing and take zero action? Can they not make independent decisions? The whole team dropped the ball it seems.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Swap 'Israeli government' for UK or US government and therein lies the shit show the world finds itself in. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Add into the mix the huge amount of people who were delaying / refusing their National Service due to not wanting to do Netanyahu's bidding

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Add into the mix the huge amount of people who were delaying / refusing their National Service due to not wanting to do Netanyahu's bidding

I work for an Israeli company and we had an email yesterday, mainly it was thoughts and prayers but also a line telling us that some of the leadership team have been drafted into the military. I thought perhaps they would be recruiting younger men but leadership team indicates much older. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You could be right. But does every decision have to go through Netanyahu? Did the intelligence agencies, which are some of the best in the world, know nothing and take zero action? Can they not make independent decisions? The whole team dropped the ball it seems.

Yes it is bizarre. 

The Hamas media team released the below video on Sunday on their telegram channel showing their guys training for the operation. 

How does that happen without Israel noticing. 

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I work for an Israeli company and we had an email yesterday, mainly it was thoughts and prayers but also a line telling us that some of the leadership team have been drafted into the military. I thought perhaps they would be recruiting younger men but leadership team indicates much older. 

They are probably reservists who thought they would never be called up. Oops!

Â