Pre-match chat

mjmooney

13 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Rumours are that Fulham are lining up song sheets and clappers just in case there fans have forgotten the words to there most popular songs. Amusing 

soooooo just "come on fulham" written in big letters on a piece of paper? can't say i've ever heard anything else whenever i've been there

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Got 80/1 on my normal Villa to win 4:1 bet

All this hype about Fulham odds on Has every one out there forgot who they are playing

We are the Villa FFS. The mighty Villa and this our day 

Did you have it for the Wolves game?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

If we lose 3 - 0 well so be it, it will have been a day out and at least we will win more games in the Championship next season than we would have done in the Prem League. The downer would be of course the lack of dosh available.

The worse outcome is if we lose on penalties or a lucky last minute winner.....

I am 60 next month.....to see Villa win on Saturday would be the best early birthday pressie ever!!!!

I hope you get the present that you want Del and a warm welcome to the sixties. My first Wembley visit was in 1971 as well Martin Chivers spoilt it. 

Wembley is a great day out as long as you don't lose but you have only once seen us defeated there and I fully expect your good run of results to continue.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Let's bring 38600 Vuvuzelas to drown out their clappers

I'm not blowing into a Zulu vulva for anybody. 

• Like 1

Anthony Taylor will referee Saturday's final.

4th official is Kevin Friend.

Linesmen : Gary Beswick and Dan Cook.

4 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Any games with him this season? Or in the past, what's our record with him?

We haven't had him at all in the Championship and you can hazard a guess what we were like the season we came down.  So nothing stands out tbh.  At least Kevin Friend's damage is limited to the touchline.

• Like 1

Anthony Taylor did referee this one, a 3-1 win at the Emirates against Arsenal; giving us 2 penalties in the process :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23644714

Christian Benteke scored twice and Antonio Luna added a third as Aston Villa came from behind to stun Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on the opening day.

Olivier Giroud opened the scoring, but Benteke headed an equaliser after Wojciech Szczesny saved his penalty.

Benteke controversially put Villa ahead from the spot after a foul by Laurent Koscielny, who was later shown a second yellow card for a mistimed challenge.

Koscielny slid in on Agbonlahor and appeared to touch the ball, but referee Anthony Taylor pointed to the penalty spot.

• Like 1

Thought this was quite interesting and worth sharing. He talks about how he set up tactically  to beat a defensively organized Newcastle (Benitez) team -  imagine he will see Villa in a similar way..... pass this on to Steve if you see him :)