Pre-match chat

mjmooney

Dreading this. I can see Villa being backs to the wall for most of the game and just hoping jack can create some magic on the counter. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it went to penalties. 

Expecting to see a lot of shitty pants comments on here in the next week or so which I can only assume is some kind of self reverse psychology as we should fear no one from this division. 

Form only plays a small part in games like these and our true class, experience and ridiculous energy will show in the end.  

"Love lifts us up where we belong, where the Eagles cry, on a mountain high..." 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oh and as for all the "Don't fancy Fulham on a big Wembley pitch" stuff I'm hearing.

Wembley's pitch dimensions are almost identical to Villa's.

Wembley 105m x 69m
Villa Park 105m x 68m
Craven Cottage 100m x 69m

That's from what I can gather with some googlying.

I know but lets not tell fulham or the papers that. :DI like the fact fulham are favourites.

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Oh and as for all the "Don't fancy Fulham on a big Wembley pitch" stuff I'm hearing.

Wembley's pitch dimensions are almost identical to Villa's.

Wembley 105m x 69m
Villa Park 105m x 68m
Craven Cottage 100m x 69m

That's from what I can gather with some googlying.

So what you're saying is we play at Wembley most weeks so this Final is basically a home game? I like our odds.. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

So what you're saying is we play at Wembley most weeks so this Final is basically a home game? I like our odds.. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

• Like 4

Glad we didn't have a great performance last night and peak in the semi. I was terrified we'd be brilliant and win 3-0, have huge confidence going into the final and make a total balls of it.

• Like 2

Some Flum fora for your humourous perusal

Friends of Fulham
Fulham web
Cottage Corner

Quote is top post from Friends of Fulham

Watched Boro v Villa both legs. Hardly the resident Villa expert after seeing two games.. but this was my view of it. Thoughts?

Villa’s main threat is in midfield. Grealish is some player - think a cross between Johansen and Cairney. Snodgrass didn’t look too special over the two legs but i know he’s highly rated by their fans. Jedinak is solid. In a sense, their midfield closely mirrors the structure of ours with two creatives and a holding midfielder.

Defence is solid with Chester (highly rated) and Terry. However surely the latter means they will struggle with our pace.

Finally a lot of hard work by their strikers .. quite similar to us in shape with two wingers who look to drive on the counter. However no real potency to speak of and certainly no Mitro figure in the centre.

Their keeper should have been sent off tonight. It was the most blatant red card you’ll see.

I think the key to the game will be marking Grealish out the game with McDonald. I genuinely feel Villa offer very little apart from him. I certainly think we can afford to commit players in attack provided he’s kept quiet because their strikers lack any real threat compared to Derby.

Feeling positive!

We have the players with big game experience, Fulham don't. Watched the Derby game and they left huge gaps at the back in their rush to score, if Grealish can push up more and doesn't get drawn back to help out our defense then I could see us ripping Fulham apart, Derby should have ,given a bit more quality up front . UTV 

• Like 1