Pre-match chat

mjmooney

2 hours ago, striker said:

Like the way Brucey is staying generally quiet leaving Jokanovic to do his team talk for him.

Players will be fired up after the comments about Terry in particular.

I think the way Villa will play in this one will surprise even the purists with Bruce telling his team to be far more attacking than normal.

Expect Villa to go for the Fulham throat early on scoring twice and the Fulham players then panicking.

3-1 to the Villa and back where they belong.

Thats just what the Fulham fans are saying. They are convinced the Bruce interview about the Feisty training session is some sort of mind games:)

10 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

John Terry is past it, that's why the second best team in London SW6 got rid of him.

I'll leave you with my final thoughts, after all, we'll be in different divisions next season.

I honestly believe Fulham will totally boss this game, you guys are going to spend 90 minutes shitting yourselves.

I've been reading about how well you played against Wolves, but we totally embarrassed Wolves, we are a far better team than Wolves, we just took forever to find our true form this season.

Here's how it is, Fulham fans do not fear Aston Villa in the slightest, if we have an on day, there will only be one winner, and it ain't gonna be this current Villa team, what we fear is ourselves, Fulham have a way of always messing things up, that's what we fear.

If it goes to penalties, good luck to you all in the Premier League next season.

So what you're saying is, if Fulham play well, they'll win, but if they don't, they won't?  :D 

Dude it's just a game of football, no set of fans are "fearing" anything, just go and enjoy the day. 

Let's hope you bottle it like you did against the Blues last game of the season ;) 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Yeh, I reckon you've sussed me out there Mr Pieface.

Losing this game doesn't worry me, I quite like the championship, what worries me is seeing our current team decimated if we fail to gain promotion, because that's what will happen.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I honestly think we're going to win, I'm pretty confident, except if it goes to penalties, if that happens, we're ferked.

If it goes to penalties, you guys are the biggest certainties since David took on Goliath.

Edited by The Duck Of Death

4 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Yeh, I reckon you've sussed me out there Mr Pieface.

Losing this game doesn't worry me, I quite like the championship, what worries me is seeing our current team decimated if we fail to gain promotion, because that's what will happen.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I honestly think we're going to win, I'm pretty confident, except if it goes to penalties, if that happens, we're ferked.

You reckon?

• Like 1

I enjoy this. Fulham putting themselves under pressure. They also seem to imply that they are going to pepper us with their free-flowing attacking football. Sure they will, but pretty sure we are set-up perfectly to counter. Over-commit and you could also be fooked.

We'll have home advantage basically. We beat them at our place and they beat us at their's minus Grealish and Adomah. All of our players have experienced this to some extent, barely any of their's have. They are a better footballing side, but they are a very young team who could be vulnerable mentally.

• Like 1

Yeah there will be plenty of opportunities to counter attack into. They don't look great defensively from what I've seen. 

I think in general, from what I've read, they are very confident, maybe a little too confident?

We suit being the underdogs for sure. 

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah there will be plenty of opportunities to counter attack into. They don't look great defensively from what I've seen. 

I think in general, from what I've read, they are very confident, maybe a little too confident?

We suit being the underdogs for sure. 

Said before, but that Odoi looks absolute toilet any time I've seen him play (which granted isn't that often)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Duck Of Death said:

I honestly believe Fulham will totally boss this game, you guys are going to spend 90 minutes shitting yourselves

I worry for you emotional wellbeing if as expected this is a close game that could go either way. 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said before, but that Odoi looks absolute toilet any time I've seen him play (which granted isn't that often)

Their central defence is gash from what I've seen as well, especially Odoi. Cameron Jerome exposed them in the first leg by just running a lot. 

We just can't let them get comfortable on the ball and we got this. Just hope we take our chances.

2 hours ago, The Duck Of Death said:

John Terry is past it, that's why the second best team in London SW6 got rid of him.

I'll leave you with my final thoughts, after all, we'll be in different divisions next season.

I honestly believe Fulham will totally boss this game, you guys are going to spend 90 minutes shitting yourselves.

I've been reading about how well you played against Wolves, but we totally embarrassed Wolves, we are a far better team than Wolves, we just took forever to find our true form this season.

Here's how it is, Fulham fans do not fear Aston Villa in the slightest, if we have an on day, there will only be one winner, and it ain't gonna be this current Villa team, what we fear is ourselves, Fulham have a way of always messing things up, that's what we fear.

If it goes to penalties, good luck to you all in the Premier League next season.

Yeah, you're really better than Wolves aren't you. That's why they finished 1st and you finished 3rd.. 

Onto the game, experience will count for a lot. Can't wait for the London media to crawl back into their shells and do one when you **** it up. Jokanovic's comments will make Saturday even sweeter :) UTV. 

Fulham play the most boring, ponderous football I've seen since Lambert's sudden inspired choice to imitate Dortmund. 

I'm not scared. Fulham have already decided they're going to win. They aren't. 

• Like 1

It’s pretty close and there are no certainties in football. I thought Fulham would beat Blues on the last day of the season but they didn’t, I didn't think we’d beat Wolves, or Cardiff, or Bristol City but we did... I didn’t think we’d beat Boro at the riverside but we did. I didn’t think Derby would beat Fulham at Pride Park... but they did. 

You can never be sure in football, and neither team has anything to ‘fear’. It’ll be a competitive match, and then one team will win.

• Like 2