Pre-match chat

mjmooney

I'm so much more nervous than excited for this, I don't like to think about it.

If someone mentions it or I realise how close it's getting my stomach does cartwheels.

Weirdly though I know as soon as I get there and I'm surrounded by Villa fans I won't be nervous at all, just excited.

• Like 4

“We are going to try to put against him some fast and some stronger players,” said Jokanovic. “I hope he will make some mistakes. This is the kind of impact I expect from his side. All of us can make mistakes. I expect some mistakes from his side and that’s it.”

In Terry and James Chester, his defensive partner, Villa boast an experienced back-line, as well as former Premier League players Mile Jedinak, Glenn Whelan, Robert Snodgrass and Alan Hutton.

Jokanovic, however, believes his younger side, who enjoyed a 23-game unbeaten run during the regular season, will have the required energy to overcome the more wily Villa, who finished fourth in the Championship, one place behind Fulham.

“When you talk about experience, you are talking about the past,” Jokanovic said. “Terry is a fantastic player, Chester is a fantastic player. They have experience playing in this stadium. But probably they cannot be in their best level right now.

“We are the youngest team, the team with more energy. We believe in our style. We believe we can dominate the situation. Experience in life is important but it is not everything.”

He is talking about Chester as if he is really old. Ream is older. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/23/slavisa-jokanovic-unfazed-talk-fulham-players-leaving-do-not/

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

re the planets aligning......don't forget Alan Hutton to score the winner with the last kick of the game at 90 mins + 7 mins injury time ......

I so want this to happen. 

(Although tbh, I'd rather we were already 3-0 up by that point). 

Like the way Brucey is staying generally quiet leaving Jokanovic to do his team talk for him.

Players will be fired up after the comments about Terry in particular.

I think the way Villa will play in this one will surprise even the purists with Bruce telling his team to be far more attacking than normal.

Expect Villa to go for the Fulham throat early on scoring twice and the Fulham players then panicking.

3-1 to the Villa and back where they belong.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

He is talking about Chester as if he is really old. Ream is older. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/23/slavisa-jokanovic-unfazed-talk-fulham-players-leaving-do-not/

He's trying to downplay the fact that his team is young and inexperienced in high pressure games by flipping the narrative to say our team is 'too' experienced and therefore old / slow (?). Its a a ridiculous statement to be honest and highlights how worried he is about his teams mentality.