Pre-match chat

mjmooney

This is nothing short of the most monumental game in the modern history of Aston Villa Football Club. So...no pressure at all then!

Up the Villa!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villacrossthemersey said:

My only concern is that I have never seen us beat a London team at Wembley ...Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal

Fulham fans have never seen their team beat anyone at Wembley!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think a bit of journalistic licence used to be fair. He said villa are older ( they are ) and that he hopes they we will tire when they run at us. I just dont want the team getting too wound up based on quotes from the opposing manager which to be fair are not really what he actually said so...much about nothing. We need to deliver a performance saturday. Get the prep right, hopefully we have done. Clear heads . Control the controllables as they say!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think a bit of journalistic licence used to be fair. He said villa are older ( they are ) and that he hopes they we will tire when they run at us. I just dont want the team getting too wound up based on quotes from the opposing manager which to be fair are not really what he actually said so...much about nothing. We need to deliver a performance saturday. Get the prep right, hopefully we have done. Clear heads . Control the controllables as they say!

He used the word old whixh I think totally disrespectful to our players. If they didn't need motivating enough these words will hopefully bring out the best of the "oldies"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Tell you what, if you lose Saturday then have the decency to come back on here after. That is some of the most arrogant stuff I’ve ever read from a football fan, never had a problem with Fulham before this week but that’s rapidly changing!

Let's just hope it's hype 

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Fulham play the most boring, ponderous football I've seen since Lambert's sudden inspired choice to imitate Dortmund. 

I'm not scared. Fulham have already decided they're going to win. They aren't. 

You should of seen them under Sanchez ?

I usually don't need much encouragement to run my mouth, but I have very good reasons for keeping my mouth shut and quietly waiting for the match to start.

I am very excited! 

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It will only sound like arrogance if they lose. Please let that be a the case.

No it was an arrogant post regardless of the score. To go on another teams forum and gob off like that isn't particularly wise. These Fulham fans are getting rather irritating in the run up to this match.

I hope we smash them to smithereens tomorrow. Come on Villa!!

• Like 2

I’ve no complaints if Fulham shock and awe us with fast precise deadly football exposing our ageing legs for what they are. Problem is, that just is not the case, and their manager has over reached somewhat. Makes you wonder if the nerves are actually getting to him. If so, great, it will affect the team. 

39 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Been fine all week. Absolutely crapping myself today.

Haha! I just came into this thread to post that very same thing.

Work colleagues all week have been asking me how i feel about the match and I've been responding with 'haven't really thought too much about it'. Then suddenly on the way to work today it dawned on me just how **** big a deal this match is.

Can't stop bloody thinking about it now! 

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2