Pre-match chat

mjmooney

As said previously I really think we'll do it. Our big game players will make the difference when the pressure's on, even if we are on the back foot for long spells. **** nervous, excited, everything. Can't believe it's only Tuesday ?

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Anyone else have the feeling that because nearly everyone on VT appears to have a ticket, the match day thread will be quiet?

I'll be here don't worry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Have some faith. Anti - football ? It's Fulham not Barcelona. 

We just need everyone on their game full of confidence in their own ability.

We're Aston Villa, so please my friend, keep the faith.

Well, leaving gaps at the back and at 2 goals down at half time, it's a bit late to say "keep it tight lads". 

I'd love to have faith in our ability to turn up and be on our a-game. Trouble is, I've actually watched us a lot this season (albeit from afar) and the QPR game after the wolves high, and then the inability to recover from it was only one case of us totally disappearing football wise.

On the plus side, we have got a lot of positive results by not playing anything like actual football, but playing incredibly well without the ball and nicking something up the other end. It's not pretty, I really don't like it, but the price of trying to outplay Fulham might be very high indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Well, leaving gaps at the back and at 2 goals down at half time, it's a bit late to say "keep it tight lads". 

I'd love to have faith in our ability to turn up and be on our a-game. Trouble is, I've actually watched us a lot this season (albeit from afar) and the QPR game after the wolves high, and then the inability to recover from it was only one case of us totally disappearing football wise.

On the plus side, we have got a lot of positive results by not playing anything like actual football, but playing incredibly well without the ball and nicking something up the other end. It's not pretty, I really don't like it, but the price of trying to outplay Fulham might be very high indeed.

We can outplay Fulham. We outplayed Wolves and ripped them a new a***hole and they are a better team than Fulham (SHA beat them ffs!). Our manager and players just need to believe.

• Like 1

I see fulham seem to be boasting about the size of the Wembley pitch and how it wikl suit them and not us. Is it true the dimensions of the post between Wembley and villa park are really different?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see fulham seem to be boasting about the size of the Wembley pitch and how it wikl suit them and not us. Is it true the dimensions of the post between Wembley and villa park are really different?

Think I saw @BOF mention VP is 1m narrower than Wembley and at Fulham but the same length as Wembley which is 5m longer than at Fulham 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can’t see how it would suit them... it’s virtually identical to VP, and different to Craven Cottage. 

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

We can outplay Fulham. We outplayed Wolves and ripped them a new a***hole and they are a better team than Fulham (SHA beat them ffs!). Our manager and players just need to believe.

Yeah if we can guarantee that the Villa that played Wolves off the park turn up, just that out of all the games I've seen this season, that Wolves game was the standout best 90 minutes by far. It isn't the norm unfortunately, and our limping into 4th spot since then hasn't included us tearing ayone a new one.

I know we CAN POSSIBLY hit those heights, I'd rather we play tight, make no mistakes and be organised then if we see everyone really is on the boil again we can grow into the game and tear them a new one. I'm just saying we should be looking to firstly not concede and be organised, then take it from there. 

9 hours ago, romavillan said:

Listen, I'm not saying I won't take victory by any means. I just fear if we go out there with a defensive mind set, it could be to their advantage.

8 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

SKY News have just had Diddy David Hamilton on backing Fulham for Saturday's game but then showed the above from "true Hollywood superstar" Tom Hanks. Way to trump our opponents!:D

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Had a dream Hourihane scored twice in a 2-0 win. As the day gets closer the fact that I can’t go is making me sadder and sadder.

I did the same the day before travelling to the 82 final. A quick detour to the bookies on the way paid for my trip (22/1 first scorer and correct score double). Hope your dream comes true and eases the pain of not being there a little.

• Like 1