Pre-match chat

mjmooney

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Tickets booked. Train booked. Hotel booked.

WEMBLEY BABY!

"You know.. fish chips, cup o tea, bad food, worst weather.. Mary effing Poppins, LONDON!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

"You know.. fish chips, cup o tea, bad food, worst weather.. Mary effing Poppins, LONDON!"

"Speak English to me, Tony. I thought this country spawned the **** language and so far nobody seems to speak it!"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

If you go on Fulham site they have already won, they are in for a major shock imo, And will be sat with 10k Villans in their end, Is already about 1k of their tickets on ticket sale sites that will be snapped up by Villa fans also most of the club wembley seats been snapped up by Villa fans too. going to be a sea of claret and blue everywhere will easy be 50k Villa

• Like 1

Initially i was gutted Fulham had reached the final, but now I've had a couple of sleeps, i'm not that worried at all.  Apprehensive yes, but I truly believe we'll win this.  Handling the big occasion is going to play a massive part in who wins this match and we have those big game players.  That experience Bruce has spoken about throughout the season is really going to come into play now and I can't wish for a better captain to lead us out onto the pitch.  Hutton has to man mark Sessegnon for sure and follow him everywhere.  An early "welcome to the game" kick from Hutton wouldn't do us any harm either.  Jedinak can sit around Cairney, hopefully nullifing him.  Need to get Jack into the game as much as we can and our front 3/4 players will cause them problems.  If Blues can put 3 past them during a big final day for Fulham, then we can.  Perhaps they freeze a little when needing a result?  I'm positive now Terry will be lifting a Trophy at the end of the game and 50,000 plus fans will have had a truly wonderful day.  2-0 and finally WE CAN SAY "UP THE VILLA".  :hooray:

Ability is out the window and it just comes to who can handle the occasion. I don't doubt that we have the players to do that. 

I think we need Hutton at RB up against Sessegnon. But then If Elmo is back, could he play LB? I don't know if I'd trust anyone in the squad there. 

Think the rest of the XI picks itself. I'd have Jedinak in the middle with Hourihane and Grealish in front. I think Bruce could be tempted to play Whelan and Jedinak because of the experience though and I wouldn't blame him, could be seen as negative but means we can switch to a more dynamic midfield later in the game if we're chasing a goal. 

Yep, the season long conundrum of the DCM/CMs is still there. Part of me would like to see Barney in there as he has the energy and legs to match Fulham’s movement and pace. However, Mile was superb in both legs vs Boro, just concerned that Fulham will play around him. For me, this is Bruce’s biggest selection issue, the DM. I think he will go with Mile for the experience factor and also due to Fulham’s lack of height in defence, re set pieces. Big call for SB this one.....

16 hours ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Do you know what Nemesis means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case, by the mighty Fulham.

Sorry guys, but you're gonna get fed to the pigs.

Seems sadly ironic that it’s a play off tie that’s got you into this pickle. Now you take all the time you need mate!

Edited by SuperTed

17 hours ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Do you know what Nemesis means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case, by the mighty Fulham.

Sorry guys, but you're gonna get fed to the pigs.

Oh Tyrone... you silly fat bastard.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

Noticed this from an interview with Conor Hourihane after Tuesday's match...

There was a pitch invasion at Villa Park after of the triumph over Middlesbrough, yet Bruce's savvy dressing room were guarded about getting caught up on it.

They noted Fulham players getting a chair lift off the pitch following their dramatic second leg with Derby and filed it away for motivation.

"That's been mentioned, don't worry," Hourihane says. "They celebrated like they won the league or something. All the best to them if they fancy themselves more than us because we'll be ready for it, that's for sure. We had calm celebrations in the dressing room. There's more business to do."

Thought it was an interesting look at the psychology of the final. Hopefully our quiet business like approach will pay off. 

(And then we can celebrate like **** crazy afterwards!)

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

There was a pitch invasion at Villa Park after of the triumph over Middlesbrough, yet Bruce's savvy dressing room were guarded about getting caught up on it.

They noted Fulham players getting a chair lift off the pitch following their dramatic second leg with Derby and filed it away for motivation.

"That's been mentioned, don't worry," Hourihane says. "They celebrated like they won the league or something. All the best to them if they fancy themselves more than us because we'll be ready for it, that's for sure. We had calm celebrations in the dressing room. There's more business to do."

Thought it was an interesting look at the psychology of the final. Hopefully our quiet business like approach will pay off. 

To be fair to Fulham, having lost their last 7 playoff games (their only 7) I can understand the celebrations.

A bit like when we won away to Reading after god knows how long it was since an away win. Our celebrations probably looked over the top.

But if it motivates our players then it's all good anyway.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

While steely faced Hourihane was contemplating greatness Kodjia had the music on and the Cristal out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, eholm said:

Yep, the season long conundrum of the DCM/CMs is still there. Part of me would like to see Barney in there as he has the energy and legs to match Fulham’s movement and pace. However, Mile was superb in both legs vs Boro, just concerned that Fulham will play around him. For me, this is Bruce’s biggest selection issue, the DM. I think he will go with Mile for the experience factor and also due to Fulham’s lack of height in defence, re set pieces. Big call for SB this one.....

Completely agree.  Pretty sure it'll be Jedi to start but if we're chasing the game Thor to come on.

too many days man, too many daaaays! I can't bloody wait for this playoff. this is the big moment finally happening. so goddam exciting I feel giddy like a lightheaded drunkard. I expect the mighty Villa to show its true force on the day and hammer Fulham back to the dark ages.